Fashion & Beauty

watch lovers....what's your favorite watch?

Oct 16, 2011
141 posts
124 upvotes
ST THOMAS
dddrees wrote: Actually my comment was more of a response to the OP stating his Tudor was not a Double Red Seadweller after me commenting that the Tudor was a great watch. i was just trying to point out that I find the older Tudors to be a great watch in their own right.
They are, but it could actually be a Milsub - a Tudor Milsub. ;)
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2008
1833 posts
360 upvotes
ArcherWatches wrote: Actually, the Tudors were issued to divers in the Canadian Navy, so although not a Milsub as you are referring to (5517 I assume), it's not impossible that it is an issued watch. Mine is, and I bought it directly from the ship's diver it was issued to in the Canadian Navy:

Cheers, Al
lovely condition one right there Al!

one question, my tudor sub has never seen service and was wondering if u can pm me your charge for service :D I'm also abit worried about my corroded hands and the tritium that's on them (in fear they might crack one day) anything you can do to stablize(?) them? I really like how the hands on mine are not mercedes and would hate to have to put a mercedes replacement on it one day.

Imagesunday afternoon by Ricky Cheong Photography, on Flickr
Wedding & Child Photographer ~ happily photographing
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2013
1420 posts
323 upvotes
New Tecumseth, ON
How much did Omega jack up the price for that special box by? I bought that in October 2014 and it retailed for $5250.

Nice watch by the way.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2005
6565 posts
2094 upvotes
It's not just the box. It does come with a $170US nato strap and a velcro strap to wear outside your spacesuit.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2013
1420 posts
323 upvotes
New Tecumseth, ON
mebiuspower wrote: It's not just the box. It does come with a $170US nato strap and a velcro strap to wear outside your spacesuit.
Im very aware of all the useless stuff included, like the books. Was more interested in the most recent price.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2005
6565 posts
2094 upvotes
It's not really a book, just a thin booklet with few pages about the history.

Retail is $5650, you can easily find that out by calling European.
Oct 16, 2011
141 posts
124 upvotes
ST THOMAS
inzite wrote: lovely condition one right there Al!

one question, my tudor sub has never seen service and was wondering if u can pm me your charge for service :D I'm also abit worried about my corroded hands and the tritium that's on them (in fear they might crack one day) anything you can do to stablize(?) them? I really like how the hands on mine are not mercedes and would hate to have to put a mercedes replacement on it one day.

Imagesunday afternoon by Ricky Cheong Photography, on Flickr
Thanks. Regarding service, I am not currently taking in any new work as I have a large backlog and waiting list. But with regards to the lume on the hands, it can be stabilized. Hard to say in that photo but the hour hand looks like it might have already been relumed in the past.

To stabilize the lume I use the binder liquid that is mixed with the lume powder when you are reluming hands/dials, etc. I apply this clear binder to the back of the hand, and it helps keep lume that is fragile or cracked from falling out.

Cheers, Al
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
13025 posts
2268 upvotes
Toronto
Haven't posted here in a while, mostly because I've just been wearing beater watches all the time.

Wanted a Speedmaster Professional for a long time, just needed to get off my ass and do it. My first "nice" watch, if you will. I was drawn to the heritage of this specific model and the classic look. I got the Special Presentation box, too.

Deal with it.
Sep 30, 2001
30160 posts
10147 upvotes
Toronto
KorruptioN wrote: Wanted a Speedmaster Professional for a long time,
That's a really nice watch. Congrats!
Be kind and civil with one another
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
4250 posts
460 upvotes
KorruptioN wrote: Haven't posted here in a while, mostly because I've just been wearing beater watches all the time.

Wanted a Speedmaster Professional for a long time, just needed to get off my ass and do it. My first "nice" watch, if you will. I was drawn to the heritage of this specific model and the classic look. I got the Special Presentation box, too.

This is one watch I seriously regret selling.

All others I've really enjoyed along the way but that one is something else. Trying to add another one. Did you get a good deal on it? Mind PM'ing me if you did?
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1982 posts
659 upvotes
South Western Ontari…
ultran00b you wanna organize watch meet too? i bet it will be bunch of classy people
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2004
8683 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto
KorruptioN wrote: Haven't posted here in a while, mostly because I've just been wearing beater watches all the time.

I love the speedy pro! It's so versatile, looks great on bracelet/leather/NATO ...
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
30106 posts
5547 upvotes
Montreal
ultran00b wrote: C-c-c-c-c-ombo breaker...

Picked up my Moonwatch today. Really loving this piece of history :)
Gotta pic of the NATO strap?
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2008
1833 posts
360 upvotes
ArcherWatches wrote: Thanks. Regarding service, I am not currently taking in any new work as I have a large backlog and waiting list. But with regards to the lume on the hands, it can be stabilized. Hard to say in that photo but the hour hand looks like it might have already been relumed in the past.

To stabilize the lume I use the binder liquid that is mixed with the lume powder when you are reluming hands/dials, etc. I apply this clear binder to the back of the hand, and it helps keep lume that is fragile or cracked from falling out.

Cheers, Al
Hi Al, please do let me know when you start taking watches in again :D The hands should be original, might just be the photo, dad was first and only owner and he wore it hard for the first few years then basically left it neglected in drawer for majority of the 30 yrs.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2008
1833 posts
360 upvotes
smrtphur wrote: ultran00b you wanna organize watch meet too? i bet it will be bunch of classy people
:P must find safe place :P
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1982 posts
659 upvotes
South Western Ontari…
inzite wrote: Hi Al, please do let me know when you start taking watches in again :D The hands should be original, might just be the photo, dad was first and only owner and he wore it hard for the first few years then basically left it neglected in drawer for majority of the 30 yrs.
Al said around October-November until he catches up.

Dont ask how I know ;)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)