Fashion & Beauty

watch lovers....what's your favorite watch?

Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10712 upvotes
Hamilton
EP32k2 wrote: And my new addition, bought it from a local AD. Couldn't resist the offer and with the price hike coming. Haven't even peeled off the stickers yet...
How much
hated on but respected.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21389 posts
23729 upvotes
Richmond Hill
No point listing as they will not discount this much to just anyone. Nor can I get discounts for any forum members unfortunately.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1982 posts
659 upvotes
South Western Ontari…
EP32k2 wrote: No point listing as they will not discount this much to just anyone. Nor can I get discounts for any forum members unfortunately.
i still like to know for reference
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12861 posts
1485 upvotes
Pickering
EP32k2 wrote: I have one on a jubilee. It's a great watch for the money, but the regulation has sucked since I've owned it new (+25 seconds/day). It's really off from what I've read on the forums, but haven't bothered to get it regulated since I barely wear it.
Mine is scary accurate. I did have to demagnetize and regulate a friend's which was a pain in the ass.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
3219 posts
473 upvotes
Toronto
Im not too concern about the seconds difference on the watch since it will probably replace my current daily driver because I can always adjust it myself. I've been reading a lot on the reviews between the skv and ray and as well looking at videos on youtube and now I came to a final decision in getting the skv. But that lume on the seiko is crazyyyyyy!!
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
8554 posts
5570 upvotes
Trudostan
emale wrote: Here is a Seiko quartz I purchased recently. Love the clean no date dial and high accuracy quartz .

That is absolutely beautiful! Can you share where you bought it from and for how much? I've had my eye on the white dial 115 as one of my grails, might pull the trigger one of these days if the price is right. I've been toying with the idea of getting a SBBN031 tuna, but just can't see myself wearing a $1K tool diver, the GS quartz diver just rings all my bells.
willyxjai wrote: Any seiko skx007 owners here if so hows the functionality of the watch, im planning to get that as my first diver watch.
Everything that needs to be said about the watch has already been said on WUS and other watch forums, you can't go wrong with it and it's a watch forum favourite for good reason. Simply put, it's an excellent quality dive watch with classic looks. That said, from a pure functionality standpoint I much prefer the monster (tool watch) and sumo (dressy diver) for looks, better fit (YMMV), better lume, excellent stock bracelets, and drilled lugs for easy strap changes.
SAMSUNG SUCKS! NO SSD WARRANTY IN CANADA > https://forums.redflagdeals.com/has-any ... d-2098075/
Banned
Oct 9, 2015
1313 posts
252 upvotes
ON
mebiuspower wrote: Newsflash: Websites get sponsored by companies to review products.
I'm surprised you are so negative about Hodinkee - I have found them to be a very well written fine wristwatch blog, with especially good coverage of vintage watches.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2005
6565 posts
2094 upvotes
GenerationE wrote: I'm surprised you are so negative about Hodinkee - I have found them to be a very well written fine wristwatch blog, with especially good coverage of vintage watches.
I'm not being negative, that's just how the industry works. Watch review sites need sponsors to survive.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2007
5116 posts
984 upvotes
T.
While we are on the affordable dive watch topic (i.e. Seiko 007) I recently picked up one of these:

http://www.citizenwatch.com/en-us/watch ... BN0151-09L

Changed out the blue rubber for a nato.

My only complaint is the date window is to small or the numbers too big and it is hard to read. The lume has a nice bluish hue and the rotating bezel lume pip is more yellow-green which is a nice contrast. The lume is not as stong as a seiko, but you can easily see the time through the night.

I like it. May buy the bracelet for it but they are pretty pricy right now.
[QUOTE]I know you are, but what am I.... ;) [/QUOTE]
Oct 16, 2011
141 posts
124 upvotes
ST THOMAS
mebiuspower wrote: I'm not being negative, that's just how the industry works. Watch review sites need sponsors to survive.
Well now that they are also sellers of vintage watches, I will view their reviews of certain models with even more skepticism. How long before they hype a watch, get the Hodinkee bump in the market, then turn around and sell some of the same model...
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1982 posts
659 upvotes
South Western Ontari…
i just look at nice pics they take
Dec 17, 2014
281 posts
61 upvotes
Eastern Canada
I take all professional watch reviews with a grain of salt. Real world consumer reviews who paid their hard earned money for the piece is what will push me to buy.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
1264 posts
815 upvotes
Toronto/Plano/Atlant…
I would love to get a Sumo or marinemaster with a high accuracy quartz movement.

Too bad there are few quartz divers from seiko these days.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12861 posts
1485 upvotes
Pickering
Not in love with the watch strap on my DeVille. Who has the name of someone who sells meatier croc straps?

Kinda like this:

The watch has a decent profile. so it should be able to take it.

Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2009
2507 posts
551 upvotes
TO
EP32k2 wrote: And my new addition, bought it from a local AD. Couldn't resist the offer and with the price hike coming. Haven't even peeled off the stickers yet...
Congrats! I have one too, it is by far my favorite watch in the collection. The build quality is amazing and for the price, IMO not many brands compete. I love the glide lock clasp too, it's very comfortable during summer months when your wrists can swell.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21389 posts
23729 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Never been a huge fan of Rolex, but this latest update is a beauty. I know a lot of diehards aren't a fan, but this has modernized the sub so much and the bracelet is finally not some cheapie feeling thing lol
Oct 10, 2004
919 posts
217 upvotes
Winnipeg
AudiDude wrote: Not in love with the watch strap on my DeVille. Who has the name of someone who sells meatier croc straps?
I had a good experience with peter.watchacc at Timezone. His straps are made to order, and shipping to Canada was not an issue. Very well reviewed, too.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12861 posts
1485 upvotes
Pickering
velomane wrote: I had a good experience with peter.watchacc at Timezone. His straps are made to order, and shipping to Canada was not an issue. Very well reviewed, too.
Thanks, they look good.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21389 posts
23729 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Audi: Is that your collection of Omega's?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)