Fashion & Apparel

watch lovers....what's your favorite watch?

Sep 4, 2007
530 posts
129 upvotes
In low light it does look black but a bit of the sunburst effect can show up. As soon as any light hits the dial you see the effect come through nicely with a deep blue. It's a personal preference. That's why they make so many versions.

What I find amazing about the movement in my watch is after 30 hours it was running at 0 sec variance, +1 sec after 50 hours and +2 sec after 65 hours.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7559 posts
900 upvotes
Toronto
For anyone in the GTA... there are two Omega Speedmasters at the Yonge/College Winners. Both are $2499. The saleslady told me they are preowned models.
Images
  • 20170308_01.jpg
Dec 19, 2011
740 posts
295 upvotes
Brampton
smartie wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 6:53 pm
Where did you get belt and how much?

Thanks
I am using the strap from another watch of mine: Momentum Square One (designed in Vancouver).
Sep 4, 2007
530 posts
129 upvotes
appleb wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 10:42 pm
For anyone in the GTA... there are two Omega Speedmasters at the Yonge/College Winners. Both are $2499. The saleslady told me they are preowned models.
Hopefully they're legit.
Mar 7, 2008
17 posts
5 upvotes
Saskatchewan
My favourite watch is the DaytonaC SS which I don't own yet.

My second favourite at the moment is the NOMOS Weltzeit and Rolex GMT.

The Watch I wear the most is my Apple Watch Sport 42mm :)

The Watch I wear when I am not working or exercising is Rolex Subc.
Apr 28, 2008
234 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
I was just curious about the Rolex DateJust, how well it retains it's value.

I was thinking either Rhodium dial with roman numerals or white/silver dial with white batons. Also, between Jubilee and Oyster is 100 dollars for the bracelet, which one holds better value overtime?
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
16174 posts
1747 upvotes
Montreal
uber_uter wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 12:11 pm
Hopefully they're legit.
They are not the Speedy Professionals (Lemania hand wind).
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
2744 posts
569 upvotes
LONDON
mr_raider wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 10:03 pm
They are not the Speedy Professionals (Lemania hand wind).
One is a Speedmaster date I believe, Valjoux 7750 based for both of them I think.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
2744 posts
569 upvotes
LONDON
OnFiYa wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 2:23 pm
I was just curious about the Rolex DateJust, how well it retains it's value.

I was thinking either Rhodium dial with roman numerals or white/silver dial with white batons. Also, between Jubilee and Oyster is 100 dollars for the bracelet, which one holds better value overtime?
I would just go with whatever you like best IMO. Whatever additional value it retains will be negligible compared to you knowing you got exactly what you wanted, and that feeling of joy whenever you look at the time.

Both of those are very sharp, after looking at the picture I think the rodium dial with Roman and jubilee looks stunning, I prefer it over the silver/white baton, but that's just me.

Personally for two tone I would go with jubilee and champagne dial, for SS I would go for the oyster bracelet and blue dial. Fluted bezel with both, baton hands for simplicity.

Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2006
8096 posts
2235 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I have never been a huge fan of DJ's. My wife wanted an omega ladymatic and I swayed her over to Rolex and got her this and it looks great on a female lol. Can't imagine a guy wearing one, just my opinion.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2006
8096 posts
2235 upvotes
Richmond Hill
blindemboss wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 5:28 pm
Personally I like older vintage TAGs. I know Heuer get a bad reputation for being mediocre quality and high prices.
If I ever hit the 649 lottery ticket, I'll pick up one of these.

https://www.calibre11.com/tag-heuer-monza-re-edition/
Don't want to come off as a snob, but why would you need to win the lottery to be able to attain one of these. They are affordable and cheap compared to buying a preowned omega speed master.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
1260 posts
231 upvotes
Toronto
EP32k2 wrote:
Mar 11th, 2017 1:16 pm
Don't want to come off as a snob, but why would you need to win the lottery to be able to attain one of these. They are affordable and cheap compared to buying a preowned omega speed master.
You know how they say that many RDF's are weathly?...well, I'm not one of those. :)

A used Tag Monza in mint condition will still set you back around $3K. So comparative to an Omega, yeah, it's much cheaper.
But, I'm just starting out with a watch collection and have been looking in the $300-$500 range.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

steveoheh, dngo12