Fashion & Apparel

watch lovers....what's your favorite watch?

Jan 5, 2003
604 posts
41 upvotes
groo wrote:
May 5th, 2017 1:45 pm
You could always replace the dial or have it relumed!
All latest revision Tisell sub dials are like this. And luckily, I am not OCD enough to be bothered by these design inconsistencies too much, I just highlighted them in my post for the benefit of those who may be interested in getting a Tisell sub. The poor SEL tolerances and geometry as well as a rattly bracelet are much bigger flaws but that's fine too, this is still a kick ass value watch that is a solid performer, great looker and good enough timekeeper.

As for reluming the markers - I dunno, it's a pretty cheap watch (US $220 shipped) so any kind of modding or reluming would take away from the amazing bang for the buck factor the Marine Diver has in its stock form.

I was actually amazed at how much I liked the watch and specifically the colour when I got it as I always thought the green colour was odd and would be very hard to match with anything. But so far it matches well with pretty much every outfit I've tried it with, and actually livens up the look without clashing. The watch is so pretty on the wrist, I am now tempted to get the Hulk as well lol ...
File 2017-05-05, 9 46 53 AM.jpeg
Jan 5, 2003
604 posts
41 upvotes
Steinhart is a little too big for me and I don't like the way silvery metallic markers on the bezel become completely invisible under certain angles because of the glare on the ceramic insert. Also, not a fan of costly "homages" :) Tisell is an honest-to-God ripoff of Sub's design but is very cheap and has a ceramic insert, saphire crystal and a working copy of the Glidelock.

As the only watch I'd not recommend it but not because of its flaws (of which it has many) but precisely because of its homage status. As a watch in its own niche of a summer beater I think it's a fantastic value.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2009
1076 posts
56 upvotes
YUL
My first watch as a teen was a Nautica copy of the Blue/gold Rolex Sub :P I was seriously in love with that watch and thought it was the greatest thing ever.

My first "real" watches were an IWC fleiger in uni, and Longines dress watch (gift). My tastes changed and I moved on from those.

As an adult, my primary two are my JLC Reverso (dress), Rolex Explorer 1 (36mm). I've cycled through the usual suspects, but am most attracted to iconic models and dress watches.

To answer your question, the JLC Reverso (in my mind) is one of the most beautiful and iconic watches of all time.
FOR SALE:
Always looking to sell USD for CDN at XE.com's rates.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1756 posts
245 upvotes
GTA
blindemboss wrote:
Apr 29th, 2017 10:15 am
Just curious if the SKX007 you purchased was the Japan made version.
If so, does it say 'made in Japan' on the face? Thanks. I've been looking to pick up this 'classic'.
Yes it does say Made In Japan BUT it does not necessarily mean it is. It's a marketing loophole they use to sell to Mid East where country of origin is not enforced. So the date dial will have english and arabic vs the "K" version where it's english and spanish.
Sep 4, 2016
680 posts
327 upvotes
^ Looks very crowded with the giant bezel and hour markers.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2006
4850 posts
458 upvotes
Toronto
invite wrote:
May 13th, 2017 4:41 am
^ Looks very crowded with the giant bezel and hour markers.
It's a Seiko Monster, classic look. Always wanted one. Orange Monsters are getting harder to come by so I settled for the Dracula.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7534 posts
868 upvotes
Toronto
icemasta wrote:
May 13th, 2017 8:08 am
It's a Seiko Monster, classic look. Always wanted one. Orange Monsters are getting harder to come by so I settled for the Dracula.
Even the Dracula seems to be quite scarce. I've been watching ebay frequently for it, and it's always the same few sellers.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2006
4850 posts
458 upvotes
Toronto
appleb wrote:
May 14th, 2017 1:23 am
Even the Dracula seems to be quite scarce. I've been watching ebay frequently for it, and it's always the same few sellers.
Bought the Dracula for $198 USD (~$260 CDN) shipped. With Monsters being harder and harder to find, I thought it was a good deal.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
15835 posts
1720 upvotes
Montreal
icemasta wrote:
May 12th, 2017 11:05 pm
Finally came in.

Is this new? My orange monster doesn't have that X on it.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

naimc, GTI