Fashion & Apparel

watch lovers....what's your favorite watch?

Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2006
4796 posts
450 upvotes
Toronto
appleb wrote:
May 14th, 2017 1:23 am
Even the Dracula seems to be quite scarce. I've been watching ebay frequently for it, and it's always the same few sellers.
Bought the Dracula for $198 USD (~$260 CDN) shipped. With Monsters being harder and harder to find, I thought it was a good deal.
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
14435 posts
1512 upvotes
Montreal
icemasta wrote:
May 12th, 2017 11:05 pm
Finally came in.

Is this new? My orange monster doesn't have that X on it.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2006
4796 posts
450 upvotes
Toronto
The X is the Prospex logo. The logo is a new addition but nothing changed in regards to the watch.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
4538 posts
92 upvotes
London
Bought a Casio A168W...I like the camp/trollish factor and the fact that many people relate to this watch. It's a bit of a conversation starter -- "hey I remember this watch...!"
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1043 posts
225 upvotes
felixdd wrote:
May 16th, 2017 12:16 am
Bought a Casio A168W...I like the camp/trollish factor and the fact that many people relate to this watch. It's a bit of a conversation starter -- "hey I remember this watch...!"
I didn't realize these were still being made. I also remember the "craze" over the calculator watches, never got one but I do remember seeing some people with them, and how they would use a pen to press the buttons, lol.

The A168 looks good, I see they also have a similar one, the A158WA-1, I think the face is a bit more low key, thinking of getting one. Looks like Amazon.ca has it for a bit over $20. I can combine with something else to get "free" shipping. I see Walmart has some of the Casios, but they are different ones and are closer to $30. Anywhere else to get these?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7448 posts
771 upvotes
Toronto
notfromqc wrote:
May 19th, 2017 11:04 am
I didn't realize these were still being made. I also remember the "craze" over the calculator watches, never got one but I do remember seeing some people with them, and how they would use a pen to press the buttons, lol.

The A168 looks good, I see they also have a similar one, the A158WA-1, I think the face is a bit more low key, thinking of getting one. Looks like Amazon.ca has it for a bit over $20. I can combine with something else to get "free" shipping. I see Walmart has some of the Casios, but they are different ones and are closer to $30. Anywhere else to get these?
I find amazon.ca always has the best prices for the cheap digital casios.

I've purchased many of my Casios at Sears, of all places. Sears always have sales like 30% off, and many of the physical stores actually have a decent selection.

I'm shooting for the classic F91 in the near future. The plastic F91 has a particular charm over the metal A158/A168 models. I'm just waiting to use it as a filler item for amazon shipping.

Here's a cool little trick to check if your casio is genuine... if you hold the bottom right button for about 3 seconds, it will display 'CASIo'. This works on most models.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1043 posts
225 upvotes
appleb wrote:
May 19th, 2017 11:38 pm
I find amazon.ca always has the best prices for the cheap digital casios.

I've purchased many of my Casios at Sears, of all places. Sears always have sales like 30% off, and many of the physical stores actually have a decent selection.

I'm shooting for the classic F91 in the near future. The plastic F91 has a particular charm over the metal A158/A168 models. I'm just waiting to use it as a filler item for amazon shipping.

Here's a cool little trick to check if your casio is genuine... if you hold the bottom right button for about 3 seconds, it will display 'CASIo'. This works on most models.
Thanks for the tip for checking genuine. I wonder though, with how good knock-off manufacturers are at making fake iPhones/S7 etc, this feature might not be hard to replicate. But then again, the price point is so low, I wonder if they'd bother trying to make knock-offs. I don't remember if the originals were made in Japan. Probably? But now for sure the new ones are made in China.

You're right, the F91 seems to have the right look. In my case I'll stick with a metal band, the plastic bands I had on watches during my youth seemed to absorb skin oil and become brittle. I remember losing one watch when riding my bicycle around town, didn't realize it until I got home lol.
Apr 28, 2008
226 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Soul_Rebel wrote:
May 11th, 2017 3:00 pm
My BLNR with Everest strap.

Make sure you tighten the screw on the Tang Buckle!

I was lucky when mines came out I was at home and not on the street, go to a dollarstore and find a 1.6MM precision screwdriver and make sure that is screwed in.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel