Fashion & Apparel

watch lovers....what's your favorite watch?

Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7600 posts
947 upvotes
Toronto
I wish they didn't make the lugs so huge on many of the NOMOS. I was interested in the Ahoi Neomatik Atlantik, but after trying one in person, I could only notice the lugs.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
16481 posts
1764 upvotes
Montreal
appleb wrote:
May 26th, 2017 9:48 am
I wish they didn't make the lugs so huge on many of the NOMOS. I was interested in the Ahoi Neomatik Atlantik, but after trying one in person, I could only notice the lugs.
I tried in a club and club campus and they seemed well proportioned. I have a Stowa partitio that has long lugs that wears nice.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
2302 posts
1048 upvotes
Vancouver
invite wrote:
May 25th, 2017 2:30 am
While the Marc Newson Hourglass is certainly not wrist-mounted, I thought those that enjoy fine watches might also be able to appreciate this high-tech, yet old-school timepiece.

I'd rather have this

Sep 4, 2016
680 posts
327 upvotes
The Atmos clocks, powered solely by minute changes in atmospheric pressure, are indeed a fascinating timepiece. Though it seems like such an advanced idea, the current mechanism for the Jaeger-LeCoultre Atmos clocks began production in 1939, and atmosphere-powered clocks have been around since the 17th century. There is an example in New Zealand that "is still running despite never having been manually wound since its construction in 1865". Here is a description of Marc Newson's version. Personally, if I were purchasing an Atmos, I would prefer one of the classic designs.

Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
4456 posts
751 upvotes
invite wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2017 5:25 am
The Atmos clocks, powered solely by minute changes in atmospheric pressure, are indeed a fascinating timepiece. Though it seems like such an advanced idea, the current mechanism for the Jaeger-LeCoultre Atmos clocks began production in 1939, and atmosphere-powered clocks have been around since the 17th century. There is an example in New Zealand that "is still running despite never having been manually wound since its construction in 1865". Here is a description of Marc Newson's version. Personally, if I were purchasing an Atmos, I would prefer one of the classic designs.

Cool. Can you wear one around your neck?
Mark77 wrote:"All aspiring students should go into the financial services - engineering is, and always has been, a poor choice for our brightest minds ... and TodayHello is my Hero ..."
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Apr 24, 2014
697 posts
222 upvotes
Picked up a Frogman Auto as a gift. What are your thoughts on this watch? It really grew on me once I saw it in person.

Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
16481 posts
1764 upvotes
Montreal
hybrid09 wrote:
Jun 5th, 2017 9:25 pm
Picked up a Frogman Auto as a gift. What are your thoughts on this watch? It really grew on me once I saw it in person.
Love it. SOlid build. Good price. 70 hour power reserve. I'm partial to the blue. It makes Longines irrelevant IMHO.

Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2007
4843 posts
795 upvotes
Peterborough
hybrid09 wrote:
Jun 5th, 2017 9:25 pm

I cant get past the huge crown and lock and I dont particularly like the 12. It should be a simple marker like the rest.
Apr 18, 2009
747 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto/Plano/Atlant…
Speedmaster pro with a bit of color in the dial. I purchased the dial and hands separately.

Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7600 posts
947 upvotes
Toronto
The new Richemont watch Boutique at Yorkdale is now open. I spent most of my time drooling on the IWC's there.

And unrelated to the pics above... here are my new Seiko cocktail time watches, SARY073 and SARY078

Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
7947 posts
341 upvotes
Haven't been in here for a while. Need some help, wife took Cartier roadster into swimming pool, realize it's not waterproof or the seals are gone. Who would you recommend aside from Cartier?

Thanks in advanced.
Oct 10, 2004
718 posts
83 upvotes
Winnipeg
Sorry to hear that. I would contact Al Archer. I don't know if he's still taking on work. If not, perhaps he could point you in the right direction.