Fashion & Apparel

watch lovers....what's your favorite watch?

Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
7947 posts
340 upvotes
Haven't been in here for a while. Need some help, wife took Cartier roadster into swimming pool, realize it's not waterproof or the seals are gone. Who would you recommend aside from Cartier?

Thanks in advanced.
Oct 10, 2004
687 posts
79 upvotes
Winnipeg
Sorry to hear that. I would contact Al Archer. I don't know if he's still taking on work. If not, perhaps he could point you in the right direction.
Oct 16, 2011
90 posts
33 upvotes
ST THOMAS
Cartier doesn't sell parts to independent watchmakers. Your only option is Cartier if it needs parts that are specific to the brand. Even if it uses a generic movement, it sounds like it will need case parts - new case back seal and crown. If water has damaged the dial or hands those would also be impossible to get....

Cheers, Al
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4202 posts
448 upvotes
At the entrance of the Sinn factory at Frankfurt.

Last edited by mebiuspower on Jul 3rd, 2017 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 1, 2012
16 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
OnFiYa wrote:
May 21st, 2017 7:52 pm
Make sure you tighten the screw on the Tang Buckle!

I was lucky when mines came out I was at home and not on the street, go to a dollarstore and find a 1.6MM precision screwdriver and make sure that is screwed in.
hey.. where did you guys get the everest straps from? is there a local dealer? I want to change things up a bit on my subc.
Apr 28, 2008
228 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
150dpi wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 10:26 am
hey.. where did you guys get the everest straps from? is there a local dealer? I want to change things up a bit on my subc.
Everest website but it's about ~370 CAD after tax and duties from DHL

During xmas they said it's up to 15-25% off if you can wait that long. I've seen some Rubber B's sold on Kijiji
Jan 25, 2008
170 posts
4 upvotes
My little collection, nothing compared to what is on here

Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
1346 posts
459 upvotes
Stretchy wrote:
Jul 9th, 2017 8:50 am
My little collection, nothing compared to what is on here
Whatever makes you happy! It isn't about the value of the collection but the joy you get from it so wear them in good health!

I have plenty of lower end Citizen watches that sentimentally mean more to me than the more expensive watches in my collection (which frankly are easier to let go of due to value)
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
18857 posts
653 upvotes
Montreal
Does anyone know of any Laco or Stowa dealers in Canada?

I see there's one Laco dealer in Ajax ON, but I'm in Montreal. As for Stowa, do they only sell direct? I'd love to pick up an original aviator from either company, but ideally I'd like to see it first.
dakota2001 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2012 11:24 pm
Women don't wake up, scratch their balls, throw on a baseball cap and venture into the world as is.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
2081 posts
927 upvotes
Vancouver
^I ordered Stowa direct from them