Fashion & Apparel

watch lovers....what's your favorite watch?

Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2008
1681 posts
394 upvotes
North York
"Trendy and Fashionable" is not a type of watch. Choose from: Field, Diver, Dress, Aviator, or Racing

Some brands to look into... Hamilton, Seiko, Citizen, Orient, Steinhart, Tissot.

Good starters could be Seiko SARB017/065/033/035, Seiko SKX007/009, Hamilton Khaki, Orient Ray/Mako/Bambino, Steinhart Ocean One, Tissot Visodate.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
4478 posts
760 upvotes
Swswswish wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2017 10:51 pm
Closed article when I saw the DW "watch"
Hahahahahahahahahahaha
Mark77 wrote:"All aspiring students should go into the financial services - engineering is, and always has been, a poor choice for our brightest minds ... and TodayHello is my Hero ..."
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
19094 posts
838 upvotes
My Stowa Baumuster B arrived this weekend Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Images
  • image.jpg
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
16739 posts
1796 upvotes
Montreal
najibs wrote:
Jul 24th, 2017 3:44 pm
My Stowa Baumuster B arrived this weekend Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Nice.

DO you find the strap bulky? I ordered one of those STowa straps for another watch and I barely use it.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
19094 posts
838 upvotes
Maybe a tad thick, but I don't mind.
mr_raider wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 2:35 pm
Nice.

DO you find the strap bulky? I ordered one of those STowa straps for another watch and I barely use it.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1080 posts
13 upvotes
Markham
Just wondering if anyone knows the difference between Seikos which have Mov't Japan and the ones with just the 8 digit code on the dial? I have seen some one Amazon with Mov't Japan but the ones I have seen here at dealers only have the numbers.

Thanks
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
2608 posts
274 upvotes
Can anyone share what type of discount I could expect on a Tissot from an AD? Is it discounted as heavily Citizen (30-40%) or would I only be able to get something less?

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4350 posts
523 upvotes
poorwingman wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 6:04 pm
Can anyone share what type of discount I could expect on a Tissot from an AD? Is it discounted as heavily Citizen (30-40%) or would I only be able to get something less?

Thanks!
Just buy from jomashop or amazon
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
3624 posts
632 upvotes
Alberta
My wife and I have matching Omega Constellations in stainless and yellow gold. Neither of us has worn them in probably over 12 years.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
19094 posts
838 upvotes
There's no difference really. The only ones that are different are the watches that say "MADE IN JAPAN" on the dial. But "MOVT JAPAN and "05698560" are essentially the same thing. They both have the Japanese movement, but the MADE IN JAPAN watch is actually assembled fully in Japan. I did extensive research on this when buying a SRPA21 PADI and ended up with both MADE IN JAPAN and "MOVT JAPAN" and I did notice a slight difference, especially in the smoothness of winding and screwing the crown on the MIJ watch. The MIJ watch also said MIJ on the caseback.

Also, the model # MIJ watches usually end in J1, whereas the others produced outside end in K1. Example: SRPA21J1 vs SRPA21K1. Other than the writingon the dial and caseback, they look identical.

Also, don't go by what the photo on Amazon shows. Go by the model # listed in the ad.
ezdoesit wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 3:59 pm
Just wondering if anyone knows the difference between Seikos which have Mov't Japan and the ones with just the 8 digit code on the dial? I have seen some one Amazon with Mov't Japan but the ones I have seen here at dealers only have the numbers.

Thanks
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1080 posts
13 upvotes
Markham
Thanks for the information. I actually received one over the weekend with the numeric on the dial. Looking at it now I do not see a model number anywhere, I assume its a SRPA21K1 based on your information. Do you happen to know if the Case No written on the warranty book should match the number on the back of the case or the one on the dial? The dealer may have filled mine in incorrectly.
najibs wrote:
Jul 26th, 2017 10:09 am
There's no difference really. The only ones that are different are the watches that say "MADE IN JAPAN" on the dial. But "MOVT JAPAN and "05698560" are essentially the same thing. They both have the Japanese movement, but the MADE IN JAPAN watch is actually assembled fully in Japan. I did extensive research on this when buying a SRPA21 PADI and ended up with both MADE IN JAPAN and "MOVT JAPAN" and I did notice a slight difference, especially in the smoothness of winding and screwing the crown on the MIJ watch. The MIJ watch also said MIJ on the caseback.

Also, the model # MIJ watches usually end in J1, whereas the others produced outside end in K1. Example: SRPA21J1 vs SRPA21K1. Other than the writingon the dial and caseback, they look identical.

Also, don't go by what the photo on Amazon shows. Go by the model # listed in the ad.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
19094 posts
838 upvotes
ezdoesit wrote:
Jul 26th, 2017 11:04 am
Thanks for the information. I actually received one over the weekend with the numeric on the dial. Looking at it now I do not see a model number anywhere, I assume its a SRPA21K1 based on your information. Do you happen to know if the Case No written on the warranty book should match the number on the back of the case or the one on the dial? The dealer may have filled mine in incorrectly.
Well, the serial # on the card, should match the serial # on the watch. Unless he put the model # instead. And yes, yours would be a K1. Out of curiosity, how much did you get it for?
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1080 posts
13 upvotes
Markham
The serial matches however the number next to it, the Case No. does not. It was $600 from Times Circle.
najibs wrote:
Jul 26th, 2017 2:35 pm
Well, the serial # on the card, should match the serial # on the watch. Unless he put the model # instead. And yes, yours would be a K1. Out of curiosity, how much did you get it for?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)