Fashion & Apparel

watch lovers....what's your favorite watch?

Nov 26, 2016
62 posts
3 upvotes
mebiuspower wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 11:18 am
Really....
really what? Do you agree/disagree? Please elaborate and I was asking whether in terms of materials used are they similiar...
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4326 posts
515 upvotes
You started with "I know", there's no need to explain any further to counter your own personal belief. :)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7597 posts
944 upvotes
Toronto
ronnielarmond wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 10:40 am
http://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... lsrc=aw.ds

http://www.movado.ca/en/shop-watches/se ... series-800

Is Movado and Taq HEuer the same type of quality? Both are swiss made. I know Tag has a more reputable name behind the watch community...but in terms of quality of the materials are both on par with eachother? Both brands carry watches from 1200-5k, with taq heuer carrying more expensive ones.
Movado is a fashion brand. Even the Movado you linked has a fixed timing bezel, which is practically useless. It's for looks only.

I would easily place Tag above Movado. There is a lot of hate against Tag in the watch community (almost Invicta level hate), but other than the Seiko movement fiasco I feel it is unjustified.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
1417 posts
550 upvotes
ronnielarmond wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 11:53 am
really what? Do you agree/disagree? Please elaborate and I was asking whether in terms of materials used are they similiar...
The general feeling on TAG is that they ruined a respectable watch company (Heuer).
That said, if you like it...it's your money and the watches themselves are fairly good quality however there's tons of options out there at that pricepoint.

IMO Movado are overpriced for what they are but thatis just my $0.02
Nov 26, 2016
62 posts
3 upvotes
aviator_13 wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 4:02 pm
The general feeling on TAG is that they ruined a respectable watch company (Heuer).
That said, if you like it...it's your money and the watches themselves are fairly good quality however there's tons of options out there at that pricepoint.

IMO Movado are overpriced for what they are but thatis just my $0.02
Ok thanks, do you think movado are over priced because of they are more of a fashion watch? I mean Im ok with that but I am only worried about how much of the watch is swiss made compared to tag. or which out of the two brands lasts longer assuming I take care of the watch.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
16454 posts
1764 upvotes
Montreal
balance wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 6:59 pm
How are you guys finding the new at work nomos line.

https://www.nomos-store.com/en/Series/At-Work/

Comes in 39s now :0 I dig the red and blue bit silver back I don't know
Ohhh God. The only reason I don't own a Nomos yet is that everytime I get paralyzed by indecision. This is not helping.

That Metro Silver neomatk is sharp.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
10602 posts
1685 upvotes
Ottawa
ronnielarmond wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 6:25 pm
Ok thanks, do you think movado are over priced because of they are more of a fashion watch? I mean Im ok with that but I am only worried about how much of the watch is swiss made compared to tag. or which out of the two brands lasts longer assuming I take care of the watch.
they are definitely just a fashion watch these days. TAG is definitely a step above in quality as their watches usually start around $1K and go way up from there, so they occupy a higher price range in general. I had a couple of TAG watches and they were well made, I would buy again based on that. I bought two Movados in my lifetime and they broke.
Honey, I can't go to bed yet. Somebody is wrong on the Internet!
Mar 20, 2006
240 posts
46 upvotes
Kamloops
I am happy someone mentioned this post. My normal watch I wear. I really wish I could find a decent royal blue w/ white stitching alligator look watch strap. I have ordered a few on amazon or ebay, but am yet to find one that was quality I was looking for.

watch.jpg
Nov 26, 2016
62 posts
3 upvotes
uber_uter wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2017 10:43 pm
New edition to my collection.

IMG_20171020_220758_250.jpg
Very nice? what price? My guess around 4-5k
Oct 11, 2010
906 posts
269 upvotes
Charlottetown
New watch, I actually won this on a raffle that cost me 40 bucks if you can believe that!