Fashion & Apparel

watch lovers....what's your favorite watch?

Nov 26, 2016
61 posts
3 upvotes
What is the quality of longines watch vs tag heuer?? and as a separate question: whats the difference between swiss made watch and swiss made movement?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6753 posts
973 upvotes
Internet is full of resources comparing the two brands so I am not going to add since to me it also depends on the model and parts.

However, the later questions is more straight forward, Swiss made implies the whole watch is made in Swiss or at least a good portion of it (Google Swiss Made Percentage). Swiss Made Movement means only the inside mechanical or quartz movement aka driver / engine / heart (once again or good portion of it) is made in Swiss, so the rest of the watch is likely not.

Does it matter in the real world between Swiss Made / Mov't ?? It is hard to say but if you are collecting, you probably want as much Swiss as possible, but for a user it probably doesn't matter too much, but it is generalizing again of course.
ronnielarmond wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 7:58 pm
What is the quality of longines watch vs tag heuer?? and as a separate question: whats the difference between swiss made watch and swiss made movement?
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
16450 posts
1763 upvotes
Montreal
hdom wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 3:51 pm
Does it matter in the real world between Swiss Made / Mov't ?? It is hard to say but if you are collecting, you probably want as much Swiss as possible, but for a user it probably doesn't matter too much, but it is generalizing again of course.
Debatable. There are some excellent German brands like Sinn, Muehle Glasshutte and Stowa that use Swiss Movements. Then there are far less stellar brands that will slap a swiss movement into any cheap old case, like Invicta's new bastard child.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6753 posts
973 upvotes
Not disagreeing with that, like I said need to research and look at each model and part.
mr_raider wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 9:53 pm
Debatable. There are some excellent German brands like Sinn, Muehle Glasshutte and Stowa that use Swiss Movements. Then there are far less stellar brands that will slap a swiss movement into any cheap old case, like Invicta's new bastard child.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
11745 posts
888 upvotes
Mississauga
mr_raider wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 9:53 pm
Japanese Miyota 9015 is an amazing and more accurate out of th box alternative to the Swiss movements. Same beat, more reliable and cheaper for micro brands. Yet to see it being applied at mainstream brand level though.
Nov 26, 2016
61 posts
3 upvotes
Is Vincero a good watch brand? I see a lot of youtubers recommend it but only because they are sponsored by them. They are in the price range of 100-200 dollars. I think their appearance are meh.. Are they similar to fossil watches?
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2008
1669 posts
390 upvotes
North York
ronnielarmond wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 8:47 pm
Is Vincero a good watch brand? I see a lot of youtubers recommend it but only because they are sponsored by them. They are in the price range of 100-200 dollars. I think their appearance are meh.. Are they similar to fossil watches?
Buy an Orient in that price range.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1403 posts
401 upvotes
VANCOUVER
thericyip wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 11:04 pm
Buy an Orient in that price range.
I second that Orient suggestion. Great bang for the buck.
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
13192 posts
667 upvotes
mebiuspower wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 9:35 am

Just so others are clear, this is list price development, not the value of any particular watch...and it doesn't not mean that your owned watch is appreciating.
It also doesn't show ASP or even release size...

That all being said, we know that the companies have been increasing their pricing. If people are willing to pay, why not!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

blindemboss