Fashion & Apparel

watch lovers....what's your favorite watch?

Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
17406 posts
1906 upvotes
Montreal
mebiuspower wrote:
Jan 19th, 2018 9:52 am
Don't think you'll be a target if you wear a Timex or Bolex.
Or a JLC or Glashutte Original for that matter. Very few brands have the recognition that Rolex. One of the reasons I don't own one. That and the fact tham I'm poor :(
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2009
2225 posts
261 upvotes
TO
mr_raider wrote:
Jan 19th, 2018 10:09 am
Or a JLC or Glashutte Original for that matter. Very few brands have the recognition that Rolex. One of the reasons I don't own one. That and the fact tham I'm poor :(
I have several of them and nobody notices them. I think that it is super overrated to think people will notice if you have one.
Nov 26, 2016
132 posts
16 upvotes
can quartz watch last 50 years if I only change the batteries and take care of it? When does the movement just stop?
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4278 posts
393 upvotes
Markham
weedb0y wrote:
Jan 18th, 2018 11:41 am
I love Steinhart. Pick up from Gnomomwatches and you can get it in 2 days. With 2.5 years of warranty!
Which Steinhart model did you buy? Did you buy online and ship to Canada or pick up in US?

I am wondering is there any physical store in GTA sell their dive watch

Thanks
Penalty Box
Jan 15, 2006
8624 posts
2697 upvotes
Richmond Hill
tcharged wrote:
Jan 19th, 2018 1:33 pm
I have several of them and nobody notices them. I think that it is super overrated to think people will notice if you have one.
Yep only fellow WIS or AD's notice. I use to work in a very public setting and no one noticed, nor did the execs. As I've said before, if you show up to work with a shiny gold Michael Kors that will get attention 100%. No one buys a Rolex to get attention.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
11935 posts
948 upvotes
Mississauga
smartie wrote:
Jan 20th, 2018 9:29 pm
Which Steinhart model did you buy? Did you buy online and ship to Canada or pick up in US?

I am wondering is there any physical store in GTA sell their dive watch

Thanks
Just had it shipped. I picked up their exclusive 39mm ovm. Came in two days from Singapore to Toronto. They also put lower value for duties, only paid $36 bucks that includes 20 or so dhl fees

They have many models in stock. Steinhart is top notch in build and finish. Beats other Swiss watches 2-3x the price
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
11935 posts
948 upvotes
Mississauga
EP32k2 wrote:
Jan 20th, 2018 10:20 pm
Yep only fellow WIS or AD's notice. I use to work in a very public setting and no one noticed, nor did the execs. As I've said before, if you show up to work with a shiny gold Michael Kors that will get attention 100%. No one buys a Rolex to get attention.
I can attest for this. Never got attention for my sub, which I sold and put the money back in kids resp. Now I just enjoy a steinhart, certina, Citizen, tag and few other micro brands
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2008
1635 posts
182 upvotes
this one been taking over the wrist since arrival...

Wedding & Child Photographer ~ happily photographing
My Flickr
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2003
4987 posts
143 upvotes
uber_uter wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 8:22 am
Gem Bijou in Simcoe Place next to CBC building. Great folks to talk to about watches.
Nice! Sam's a great guy. Bought a bunch of watches from him when he was at TD. Now the store is too far away!
This space for rent.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

chrispy35