Fashion & Beauty

watch lovers....what's your favorite watch?

May 30, 2006
491 posts
551 upvotes
Re AD for Sinn - Louis Black in Yorkville still lists Sinn as one of their brands, though not sure if they lost their AD status?

louis-black.com
Jun 7, 2017
494 posts
688 upvotes
New Brunswick
Orient Sun & Moon V3s are finally starting to pop up on Amazon and sold by them. Only the white, black, and brown models so far; hopefully some blues show up too.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
19669 posts
1345 upvotes
BranCracker wrote:
Mar 6th, 2018 4:36 pm
Orient Sun & Moon V3s are finally starting to pop up on Amazon and sold by them. Only the white, black, and brown models so far; hopefully some blues show up too.
What's so special about that one? Looks like it would make a decent dress watch. Is $400 a good price for it or is street price cheaper?

I just ordered a cream dial Bambino v2.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
19669 posts
1345 upvotes
Did anyone else cash in on any watches during yesterday's Ebay frenzy?I did some serious damage last night with the eBay 20% off everything coupon code....ordered a Seiko SARB033 for less than $350 and a Hamilton Khaki Mechanical for less than $300. Shoulda jumped on a Seiko SARB065 too.....I know I'll regret not getting that one at yesterday's crazy prices.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
20287 posts
2230 upvotes
Montreal
BranCracker wrote:
Mar 6th, 2018 4:36 pm
The sun and moon line just don't do it for me. I like my Polaris GMT better.
Oct 12, 2016
236 posts
38 upvotes
Hamilton. Cuz I find them best value for money.

Does anyone else own one of them?
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2009
1263 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
I just recently gotten into watches, and I've been deciding on a watch to get as my first automatic.

I've done some research and I really like the history and design of the omega speedmaster. I will most likely be picking one up later down the line as a grail watch. What price range should I be looking at from the secondary market?

For now, what caught my eye is the seiko sarb 033.

I want to get something pretty versatile with a simple design similar to the rolex explorer, or something that looks more like a "toolwatch" like the speedmaster I like the look of certain NATO straps, and suede leather straps. I don't quite like bracelets that much. Any other recommendations? my budget would probably be around $1500. I'm not a fan of white faces, or "dressier" watches. I like "tooly" watches that can also be pulled off with dressy clothes, or even a suit.
Last edited by Kiteak on Mar 14th, 2018 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
20287 posts
2230 upvotes
Montreal
Kiteak wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 2:22 am
I just recently gotten into watches, and I've been deciding on a watch to get as my first automatic.

I've done some research and I really like the history and design of the omega speedmaster. I will most likely be picking one up later down the line as a grail watch. What price range should I be looking at from the secondary market?

For now, what caught my eye is the seiko sarb 033.

I want to get something pretty versatile with a simple design similar to the rolex explorer, or something that looks more like a "toolwatch" like the speedmaster I like the look of certain NATO straps, and suede leather straps. I don't quite like bracelets that much. Any other recommendations? my budget would probably be around $1500.
A few suggestions:

C. Ward Trident c65

https://ca.christopherward.com/watches/ ... nt-vintage

Seiko sarg 011

https://www.longislandwatch.com/Seiko_S ... arg011.htm

sinn 556

http://www.watchbuys.com/store/pc/Sinn- ... 18p731.htm

oris from costco:

https://www.costco.ca/Oris-Big-Crown-Br ... 99664.html
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2009
1263 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto

I'm sorry, but none of these do it for me. I don't know, maybe I don't have the "refined" taste yet. The closest thing I would have been into was the Christopher Ward Trident c65 but that branding on the watch though.. :/

I've been doing some browsing, and it seems like the SKX 007 is another watch up my alley. However, I'm probably just going to pick up a sarb033 tomorrow with a nice NATO strap :D

But the SKX 007 with a nice olive, tan, khaki, beige, or military green NATO strap... damn!
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1633 posts
453 upvotes
Wow, that's like, a HUGE watch ;)
Ojibway Bob wrote:
Mar 9th, 2018 8:13 pm
Sexy and a micro who chats and cares about his customers.

Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
19669 posts
1345 upvotes
Limited7 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 9:57 pm
Hamilton. Cuz I find them best value for money.

Does anyone else own one of them?
I have a Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical that should be arriving Monday or Tuesday. Good bang for the buck.
Dec 15, 2012
55 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
Congrats! Can’t wait to get mine but need to wait for a couple more weeks for it.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2001
7024 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
I used to own a hamilton pilot auto, but I sold it and went to run with the big boys.

hamilton below zero. H78525533

it is huge, and hefty.

i like it.

thanks swatch sale.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2094 posts
787 upvotes
Anyone have any feedback on a Hamilton khaki field or a similar looking watch?

Haven't had anything high end before.. would like to stick to $500 and under.

In terms of buying a watch like this... does it really need to be serviced every few years?