Fashion & Beauty

watch lovers....what's your favorite watch?

Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2009
3753 posts
570 upvotes
Aurora
alvin545 wrote:
May 4th, 2018 1:44 pm
Don't know if this is the correct forum or if it should be under Deals Wanted, but does anyone know of a reputable watch maker who can repair and service a watch at a reasonable price? Looking to repair a vintage Rado and service a Bond Seamaster. Was quoted $350 for the typical Omega service!?!?!
Call this guy. Sketchy location (Parkdale apartment) but the dude is solid. Knows his watches and often repairs while you stand there and chit chat. Interesting fellow. He's serviced several watches for me.

http://torontowatchrepair.ca/
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
19160 posts
2115 upvotes
Montreal
blindemboss wrote:
May 12th, 2018 9:57 am
Is Ashford legit and a reputable store?
They seem to have some good prices.
Yes they are legit. Their stuff is grey market so warranty is inhouse not from the OEM. Pricing is in USD. You are exposed to customs charges.

If you have a us shipping address than its interesting.
Oct 5, 2005
495 posts
95 upvotes
Hey Fellas, any recommendations on legit websites to buy Casio watches? Specifically, I'm looking for the Gravitymaster, GPW-2000-1A2. I've found a few on ebay, but ebay is always a little dodgy. Would prefer a legit retail website for Canadians. Lemme know!

Oct 5, 2005
495 posts
95 upvotes
moneybags wrote:
May 12th, 2018 7:07 pm
Hey Fellas, any recommendations on legit websites to buy Casio watches? Specifically, I'm looking for the Gravitymaster, GPW-2000-1A2. I've found a few on ebay, but ebay is always a little dodgy. Would prefer a legit retail website for Canadians. Lemme know!

I'll add that jomashop seems good, but unfortunately they don't have the specific watch I'm after.
Jul 29, 2017
89 posts
66 upvotes
KevCnew wrote:
May 7th, 2018 10:33 am
Man, I really want a Seiko Alpinist; especially since now they're discontinued. But it's not really in the budget ...
I've always found it hard to match a different coloured strap (other than brown or green) to the Seiko Alpinist. Do you feel that way?
Jan 18, 2017
272 posts
66 upvotes
7Kingdoms wrote:
May 13th, 2018 7:12 pm
I've always found it hard to match a different coloured strap (other than brown or green) to the Seiko Alpinist. Do you feel that way?
Hmm, I've never thought of that. But yeah, that green dial is difficult to match but brown leather is perfect for me.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7766 posts
1157 upvotes
Toronto
moneybags wrote:
May 12th, 2018 7:07 pm
You can try Maple Jewellery. They carry some high end G-shocks, and they can probably order anything if it is not in stock.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2008
1675 posts
205 upvotes
appleb wrote:
May 9th, 2018 10:39 pm
Cherry Blossoms at High Park

beautiful!
Wedding & Child Photographer ~ happily photographing
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1832 posts
789 upvotes
Ottawa
appleb wrote:
May 9th, 2018 10:39 pm
Cherry Blossoms at High Park

Damn, that's nice! I always miss out on these "limited edition" models.
Jul 29, 2017
89 posts
66 upvotes
sandav wrote:
May 17th, 2018 10:09 am
Damn, that's nice! I always miss out on these "limited edition" models.
I always find out about them 2 years after it has been sold out... Disappointed But Relieved Face
Deal Addict
May 11, 2009
3989 posts
996 upvotes
Debtario
Anybody remember how much the Oris Aquis Date was selling for at Costco? I know I saw it in store but can't recall how much it was.

I have a chance to get one LNIB locally for ~$800 CAD all-in, but it comes on the rubber strap, which is decent but I prefer bracelets. I've been looking into sourcing the bracelet for it but apparently it's stupid expensive, $400USD if I'm seeing this correctly. Damn proprietary lugs!
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Sep 4, 2007
564 posts
150 upvotes
M1K3Z0R wrote:
May 19th, 2018 3:41 am
Anybody remember how much the Oris Aquis Date was selling for at Costco? I know I saw it in store but can't recall how much it was.

I have a chance to get one LNIB locally for ~$800 CAD all-in, but it comes on the rubber strap, which is decent but I prefer bracelets. I've been looking into sourcing the bracelet for it but apparently it's stupid expensive, $400USD if I'm seeing this correctly. Damn proprietary lugs!
$1299 from costco.ca. $800 LNIB sounds like a real steal assuming it's not stolen.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2009
3989 posts
996 upvotes
Debtario
uber_uter wrote:
May 22nd, 2018 11:36 pm
$1299 from costco.ca. $800 LNIB sounds like a real steal assuming it's not stolen.
Thanks! I know I saw it in store once late last summer and it was gone by my next visit. They also had a tag aquaracer a few months earlier, I remember looking that up and it was essentially USD pricing but in CAD, as if the dollar was at par. Looks to be the same case here. Costco has really upped their watch game!

There's no question it's authentic and not stolen, looks to be a display model or return, blank/unstamped papers, unsized band with plastic still attached, no hairlines on the clasp and the rubber strap has that pleasant vanilla scent characteristic of Bonetto Cinturini straps (I'd be shocked if they aren't the OEM band supplier for Oris)
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)