Fashion & Beauty

watch lovers....what's your favorite watch?

Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
12263 posts
1043 upvotes
Mississauga
M1K3Z0R wrote:
May 23rd, 2018 1:11 am
Thanks! I know I saw it in store once late last summer and it was gone by my next visit. They also had a tag aquaracer a few months earlier, I remember looking that up and it was essentially USD pricing but in CAD, as if the dollar was at par. Looks to be the same case here. Costco has really upped their watch game!

There's no question it's authentic and not stolen, looks to be a display model or return, blank/unstamped papers, unsized band with plastic still attached, no hairlines on the clasp and the rubber strap has that pleasant vanilla scent characteristic of Bonetto Cinturini straps (I'd be shocked if they aren't the OEM band supplier for Oris)
Are there other watches available? Damn, i am interested now in LNIB / grey market
Sep 4, 2007
564 posts
150 upvotes
M1K3Z0R wrote:
May 23rd, 2018 1:11 am
Thanks! I know I saw it in store once late last summer and it was gone by my next visit. They also had a tag aquaracer a few months earlier, I remember looking that up and it was essentially USD pricing but in CAD, as if the dollar was at par. Looks to be the same case here. Costco has really upped their watch game!

There's no question it's authentic and not stolen, looks to be a display model or return, blank/unstamped papers, unsized band with plastic still attached, no hairlines on the clasp and the rubber strap has that pleasant vanilla scent characteristic of Bonetto Cinturini straps (I'd be shocked if they aren't the OEM band supplier for Oris)
$800 is an amazing deal. I haven't seen used ones for under $900.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
4379 posts
255 upvotes
Markham
A friend of mine was selling his Seiko SARX055 ("baby snowflake") as he plans to get the real deal soon! He is selling it to another friend for $1200 as I passed on it due to blowing my funds on a Hamilton jazzmaster viewmatic not too long ago along with my speedy from a few months back!!! So tempted to pick it off of him but had to resist, watch wallet is already empty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
Jan 17, 2018
147 posts
75 upvotes
Lovable wrote:
May 31st, 2018 1:35 am
A friend of mine was selling his Seiko SARX055 ("baby snowflake") as he plans to get the real deal soon! He is selling it to another friend for $1200 as I passed on it due to blowing my funds on a Hamilton jazzmaster viewmatic not too long ago along with my speedy from a few months back!!! So tempted to pick it off of him but had to resist, watch wallet is already empty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
Where is your friend going to buy the GS Snowflake? I am looking to try one on and if it has a good feel, I plan to pick one up too.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
4379 posts
255 upvotes
Markham
Handcake wrote:
May 31st, 2018 4:59 am
Where is your friend going to buy the GS Snowflake? I am looking to try one on and if it has a good feel, I plan to pick one up too.
He is getting it when in Japan later in June. I think there are some online resellers that will ship to Canada but unaware of any shops that carry them to try in Canada...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7766 posts
1157 upvotes
Toronto
Bandiera and Maple Jewelers are two of the very few Grand Seiko dealers in the GTA. You'll be able to try on the Snowflake at one of those places, depending if they actually have any in stock of course. Where I was purchasing mine, I had to wait about a month before I could actually find one in stock to try on.
Jan 17, 2018
147 posts
75 upvotes
Thanks for the replies. I'm sure at some point I'll see what one looks like on my wrist.
Jan 31, 2007
216 posts
41 upvotes
If you are near the west end of the GTA then, Emilian Jewellery in Mississauga (QEW and Erin Mills Pkwy) is a Grand Seiko dealer as well. A few months back (after Christmas) they actually had a Snowflake on display. I am not sure if it is still there though, so it would be best to call in advance.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2012
4860 posts
449 upvotes
Toronto
Hey guys. I am in market for analog watch. No smartwatches.

I just had a gshock before and that's it. Is there any guide/tips to know before buying a good watch. My budget is around ~$200
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2008
1739 posts
441 upvotes
North York
test9251 wrote:
Jun 5th, 2018 6:08 pm

I just had a gshock before and that's it. Is there any guide/tips to know before buying a good watch. My budget is around ~$200
Orient, Seiko, Citizen, Tissot
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2001
7020 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
test9251 wrote:
Jun 5th, 2018 6:08 pm

watch for a sale on seiko skx007 or 009 on amazon.

Google for reviews.
great start into quality watches.

hehe. see what I did there?
Jun 2, 2018
17 posts
I'm planning to buy my boyfriend a new Daniel Klein watch. He loves it a lot. This is not the first time I've ever bought a Daniel Klein for him. The previous one was also great, however, somebody stole it Crying Face so I'm buying him a new one Face With Tears Of Joy

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)