Fashion & Beauty

watch lovers....what's your favorite watch?

Jan 23, 2007
828 posts
63 upvotes
Kingston, Ontario
I’m tired of looking at my phone to see what time it is. I exercise in the water so I’ve purchased this from Costco just for use in the pool and gym (I hate it, but I think it’s practical and cheap if I lose it).

https://www.costco.ca/Timex®-Ironman®-S ... 90010.html

What are your thoughts on this watch?

Also, I want a nice looking, simple watch to wear daily. Preferably a watch that does not need batteries and has a simple face with only the numbers on it. I’m not sure of my budget, but something affordable, under $500. Any suggestions for watches I should look at?
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2008
1684 posts
213 upvotes
finally got this less common one onto a leather.

Wedding & Child Photographer ~ happily photographing
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
2862 posts
628 upvotes
LONDON
Shaynelle wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2018 9:00 am
I’m tired of looking at my phone to see what time it is. I exercise in the water so I’ve purchased this from Costco just for use in the pool and gym (I hate it, but I think it’s practical and cheap if I lose it).

Also, I want a nice looking, simple watch to wear daily. Preferably a watch that does not need batteries and has a simple face with only the numbers on it. I’m not sure of my budget, but something affordable, under $500. Any suggestions for watches I should look at?
A Casio Gshock of some kind, many colours and designs to choose from, most within your budget.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2007
1216 posts
139 upvotes
Shaynelle wrote:

I would replace that swimming watch with a Casio G-shock or one of the waterproof smart phones.

As for the daily wear simple watch, I’d suggest checking Tissot, Hamilton, Seiko and Bulova as I think you’ll find a few that you’d like.

Here’s one option - http://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... lsrc=aw.ds

Penalty Box
Jan 15, 2006
10346 posts
5371 upvotes
Richmond Hill
inzite wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2018 11:14 pm
finally got this less common one onto a leather.

Nice DJ. But why do you say it's less common?
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2007
2545 posts
76 upvotes
How much discount does Omega give on their sport watches like the new SMP300? I know a few years ago 25 percent was easily attainable. What’s the climate like now?

I know with Rolex, 10-20 percent was attainable a few years ago on sports models and today you’re lucky to find a desirable sports model and pay MSRP plus taxes.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
19678 posts
1352 upvotes
EP32k2 wrote:
Sep 25th, 2018 1:25 pm
Nice DJ. But why do you say it's less common?
All-gold DJ's aren't common. They're usually SS or 2tone. It's usually the Day-Date (President) that's all gold. It's a beauty.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
20297 posts
2232 upvotes
Montreal
Shaynelle wrote:
Have you considered Seiko's solar line for a daily wear watch? Something like this?

https://www.amazon.ca/Seiko-Womens-SUT2 ... omen+watch

Bought a seiko solar for my wife and got a decent discount on it from a dealer.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7215 posts
699 upvotes
Toronto
What type of discounts could be had for a Hamilton ? Specially the khaki field? Looking for a every day auto beater and it fits the bill.
May 11, 2009
253 posts
90 upvotes
Vancouver
PCDawg wrote:
Sep 30th, 2018 11:52 pm
What type of discounts could be had for a Hamilton ? Specially the khaki field? Looking for a every day auto beater and it fits the bill.
If you're okay with grey market, ~40% off retail price should be pretty easy from sites like Jomashop. I think I've seen some Hamilton's in Costco's as well, usually for below retail.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7215 posts
699 upvotes
Toronto
headhunt3r wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2018 3:59 pm
If you're okay with grey market, ~40% off retail price should be pretty easy from sites like Jomashop. I think I've seen some Hamilton's in Costco's as well, usually for below retail.
Thx, found a local retailer that was offer me tax free plus 10 %off. Jomashop is $100 cheaper but before customs n taxes so buying local if any problems would be hassle free.

Now the Hamilton khaki field titanium caught my eye. Have to decide which one I want.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7867 posts
1295 upvotes
Toronto
PCDawg wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2018 8:04 am
Thx, found a local retailer that was offer me tax free plus 10 %off. Jomashop is $100 cheaper but before customs n taxes so buying local if any problems would be hassle free.

Now the Hamilton khaki field titanium caught my eye. Have to decide which one I want.
Getting tax free + 10% off is about right for an AD. If you're looking at Hamilton field watches, then I'd also check out the 2018 No-date Khaki Field. That's one that I'd go for.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2003
5113 posts
230 upvotes
I have a couple of Hamilton watches and quite like them. Ended up getting this for working out.

This space for rent.
Jan 23, 2007
828 posts
63 upvotes
Kingston, Ontario
Thanks! I love the clean, simple classic look. I’ll be checking it out and may put it on my Christmas list this year. It will hubby happy, not much to think about for him.
mr_raider wrote:
Sep 26th, 2018 9:42 pm
Have you considered Seiko's solar line for a daily wear watch? Something like this?

https://www.amazon.ca/Seiko-Womens-SUT2 ... omen+watch

Bought a seiko solar for my wife and got a decent discount on it from a dealer.