Fashion & Beauty

watch lovers....what's your favorite watch?

Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
12496 posts
1134 upvotes
Mississauga
urameatball wrote:
Sep 4th, 2004 2:31 am
In watches, I prefer the minimalist look.
Movado comes to mind.

there were a few other companies who made very plain, elegant watches... their names elude me right now.
Try a nomos, movado is just a fashion brand now.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
12496 posts
1134 upvotes
Mississauga
OneAndTrueHeir wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 7:31 pm
Meh. Every time there is a big new smart watch announcement, it reinforces that I am not interested in paying $500 for a remote control for my $1000 phone every 2-3 years.

Indeed, it has sparked me to recently buy my first mechanical watch, a Seiko SRPB41 (cocktail-time-lite in blue). It is a gorgeous 'thing' that I will keep and be proud of FAR beyond the lifespan of an Apple watch, for less money.
Me too. Years ago, the Samsung Galaxy watch was the main tipping point for my current watch addiction Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
2860 posts
627 upvotes
LONDON
Been wearing the Hot Deals Wear24 smart watch for the last few days, I quite like it haha. However, I don't like it so much as to start thinning my mechanical watch collection.
Sep 20, 2010
85 posts
17 upvotes
Hamilton
Just got this. First real automatic watch. Really happy with it.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Penalty Box
Jan 15, 2006
10228 posts
5129 upvotes
Richmond Hill
kobe360 wrote:
Oct 13th, 2018 9:31 am
Just got this. First real automatic watch. Really happy with it.
Nice pick up! It’s infinitely more useful than the Daytona with a date lol
May 31, 2016
428 posts
376 upvotes
The Omega Dark side of the Moon Black on Black is my grail which, barring a lottery win, I will never have. I'm thinking of getting a moonwatch though used.
Oct 14, 2018
5 posts
3 upvotes
You guys sound pretty attached to certain watch brands. Why is that? Is it about the status aspect of certain brands or more about judging someone's style or something else I'm overlooking altogether? I don't think women are generally such watch connoisseurs (but maybe I'm just not in that circle...).

My latest watch purchases were from Momentum and Tense just because I like buying Canadian and they had options that I liked that were vegan (rubber straps, all wood, etc.).
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
20037 posts
2174 upvotes
Montreal
acsreg wrote:
Oct 16th, 2018 5:06 pm
You guys sound pretty attached to certain watch brands. Why is that? Is it about the status aspect of certain brands or more about judging someone's style or something else I'm overlooking altogether? I don't think women are generally such watch connoisseurs (but maybe I'm just not in that circle...).

My latest watch purchases were from Momentum and Tense just because I like buying Canadian and they had options that I liked that were vegan (rubber straps, all wood, etc.).
That is inaccurate. This thread has fans of lot of small less known brands that have no recognition amongst the public. Nomos, Grand Seiko, Oris, Sinn, or even Tudor. Don't tell me someone with an Orient Mako or Seiko Orange Monster is a brand slut.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
12496 posts
1134 upvotes
Mississauga
mr_raider wrote:
Oct 17th, 2018 6:11 pm
That is inaccurate. This thread has fans of lot of small less known brands that have no recognition amongst the public. Nomos, Grand Seiko, Oris, Sinn, or even Tudor. Don't tell me someone with an Orient Mako or Seiko Orange Monster is a brand slut.
+1

Certina, Tissot, Squale etc have all been mentioned and loved..
In addition to micro-brand love like Steinhart, etc

And a huge Citizen Eco-Drive convo on blue angel, nighthawk etc..
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4441 posts
455 upvotes
Markham
Igor01 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 7:03 pm
then realized with horror that I couldn't wait to get home and put the damn Series 4 on.
Is this because you need count your steps everyday and compete with your friends? :)

Gen 4 is really beautiful designed, first time want to get an Apple watch

whether Apple watch is real watch question, after 20 years, people might think mechanical watch is not real watch
Jan 5, 2003
638 posts
56 upvotes
smartie wrote:
Oct 17th, 2018 9:25 pm
Is this because you need count your steps everyday and compete with your friends? :)
I like to know the steps count for the day but got over the steps competitions years ago with my Fitbit :) My most often used watch face is an infograph modular that has current temperature, day/date, time, Stocks (usually set to show DJ or XRP), activity, second time zone and battery. I also find the notifications very useful, particularly after I got the iPhone XS Max - it's just such a chore to take such a large device out of the pocket and put it back to look at the notifications.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2003
5088 posts
194 upvotes
Been using my AW4 daily. It has Cellular capabilities so no need for a phone around. It has over 12gb storage so I have a lot of songs downloaded into it and have been using it to listen to music. I go to the gym at lunch time so It's great to be able to track what I did. I can also walk around the path without my phone or wallet to purchase stuff using apple pay. I won't be getting rid of my watch collection as there's a time and use for each.
This space for rent.
Aug 31, 2008
173 posts
52 upvotes
My daily wearer is my GMT master II (gifted from my wife)

vgosu