Fashion & Beauty

watch lovers....what's your favorite watch?

Mar 30, 2013
271 posts
81 upvotes
Petawawa
Randoza wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 10:42 pm
My beginner watch collection.
I'm on the fence with the alpinist. Mainly worried it won't get much wrist time due to green dial. Thinking a sarb035 might be the more responsible choice but there's something about that green dial that is alluring..
So, does it sit in the box most of the time? Find it hard to wardrobe?
Jul 21, 2009
759 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto
Randoza wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 10:42 pm
My beginner watch collection.
Where did you get that watch box from?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
6028 posts
691 upvotes
Sorry if this question is off topic but I trust people on this thread would know this. I have a Omega speedmaster pro moon watch. It's been in the safe for a year or so. Took it out and wear it yesterday. Found that the bottom pusher is stuck. Won't push in so the chrono cannot be reset. I read in other forum that it may be a simple fix but I rather give it to a watch maker to repair it. Any recommendation on a reputable watchmaker or do I have to go back to Omega? I'm in GTA. Thanks in advance.
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
12460 posts
8638 upvotes
Richmond Hill
golden wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 2:07 pm
Sorry if this question is off topic but I trust people on this thread would know this. I have a Omega speedmaster pro moon watch. It's been in the safe for a year or so. Took it out and wear it yesterday. Found that the bottom pusher is stuck. Won't push in so the chrono cannot be reset. I read in other forum that it may be a simple fix but I rather give it to a watch maker to repair it. Any recommendation on a reputable watchmaker or do I have to go back to Omega? I'm in GTA. Thanks in advance.
Shane Ede is one. He’s reasonably priced; read cheap. I’ve never dealt with him but my friend has with a TAG that stop running. Shane fixed it cheap $100 or so replacing the main spring, but said that watch was ok otherwise and didn’t need service. Which to me was weird since the watch was a good 10 years old and was worn regularly. Shane seems to work on the principal of; if it ain’t broken, don’t fix it.

I’ve had my Omega serviced at swatch downtown and it came back like a brand new watch along with a 2 year warranty, but it’s costly. There’s also archer and he’s highly recommended but super busy, not sure if he’s taking any watches at the moment.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2003
5180 posts
271 upvotes
Got my Wolf Viceroy Triple Winder from Massdrop. Really nice.

This space for rent.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
5596 posts
5573 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone else think that the automatic watch industry is missing out on a green marketing opportunity? Most younger people don't even know what an automatic watch is. If manufacturers like Seiko marketed their low-cost automatics as "innovative, battery-free technology powered by biomechanical energy", they might just tap into a whole new market segment.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2003
5180 posts
271 upvotes
Was at Costco in Richmond Hill last night and saw this nice storage box that holds 12 watches for $60 which is a great price!

This space for rent.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8093 posts
1538 upvotes
Toronto
Kiraly wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 6:07 pm
Anyone else think that the automatic watch industry is missing out on a green marketing opportunity? Most younger people don't even know what an automatic watch is. If manufacturers like Seiko marketed their low-cost automatics as "innovative, battery-free technology powered by biomechanical energy", they might just tap into a whole new market segment.
I know Roots (the clothing company) had a line of automatic watches using seagull movements. They were marketed as eco watches.

I also recall seeing a cringeworthy kickstarter ad campaign for eco friendly watches, which were basically automatic as well.