[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2007
1033 posts
155 upvotes
Waterloo
lobo wrote:
Jul 28th, 2016 1:21 pm
Interesting. According to here, it lists York region's water hardness at 123 milligrams per litre which is about 8 PPM. So which one is true?

http://www.pswater.ca/learning_gta-water-quality

Another site lists Woodbridge at 16 PPM.

Lobo
Woodbridge water hardness is around 9 gpg.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2007
1033 posts
155 upvotes
Waterloo
slotscanada wrote:
Aug 5th, 2016 2:50 pm
Is Peter Cameron & son still around? Have e-mailed a couple times, no response. Looking to get replacement UV Bulbs and Excalibur water systems will only send them through a purchase order from a dealer, and not sell direct.
Find a dealer recommended by Excalibur close to your location. Waterwork company's website is down, and they are no longer authorized dealers of Excalibur products.

If you are near Kitchener or Barrie, send Me a pm.
May 3, 2005
949 posts
53 upvotes
Woodbridge
Blitzo wrote:
Aug 6th, 2016 9:35 am
lobo wrote:
Jul 28th, 2016 1:21 pm
Interesting. According to here, it lists York region's water hardness at 123 milligrams per litre which is about 8 PPM. So which one is true?

http://www.pswater.ca/learning_gta-water-quality

Another site lists Woodbridge at 16 PPM.

Lobo
Woodbridge water hardness is around 9 gpg.
Thanks Blitzo.

Lobo
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
5150 posts
341 upvotes
gdanit wrote:
May 31st, 2016 10:21 am
Anyone have opinions on these two softeners and/or the sellers?

http://www.waterworkcompany.com/water-softeners_6.asp for $1100 installed
Vs
http://www.aquatell.ca/products/fleck-2 ... 9622851589 for $1200 (no install.)

Are the systems comparable? Is there a difference between them as far as brand reputation or build quality? Should I just forget and buy the cheapest softener I can find?
So which one have you bought? My question is that for those with no installation, who do you go with on installation? I would like to spend less but also worry about lack of support.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2007
1033 posts
155 upvotes
Waterloo
golden wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2016 9:58 am
Anyone has feedback about the Hague HydroClean3 CX?

http://store.homecomfortcentre.com/hagu ... 25cx/dp/14

I was quoted about $2400 installed with tax. I'm really debating if I should spend that much.
Sounds like a lot of money for a similar softener that can be had for $1,000-$1,500 +tax including installation. What's the warranty?

We sell chlorasoft water softeners starting at $1,350+tax including installation with 20 year warranty on parts.
Last edited by Blitzo on Nov 5th, 2016 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 8, 2016
1 posts
Hello everyone. New here. I just bought a new Water Depot Blastersoft System. I had a Culligan system which was a nightmare. I'm on a well system with high iron. The store that I bought it from is around the corner and I get my bottled water there also. Going to install it this weekend with minor changes to the supply line going from half inch to three quarter inch from the water cavity tank to the softener. The water pump to the house and the filters and to the water cavity tank is one inch. Hope all goes well. Any advise is always appreciated. Tony
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2007
1033 posts
155 upvotes
Waterloo
tva12081 wrote:
Sep 9th, 2016 1:42 pm
Hello everyone. New here. I just bought a new Water Depot Blastersoft System. I had a Culligan system which was a nightmare. I'm on a well system with high iron. The store that I bought it from is around the corner and I get my bottled water there also. Going to install it this weekend with minor changes to the supply line going from half inch to three quarter inch from the water cavity tank to the softener. The water pump to the house and the filters and to the water cavity tank is one inch. Hope all goes well. Any advise is always appreciated. Tony
How much will that system set you back? If you have high iron you will most likely need an iron filter.
Dec 20, 2006
348 posts
10 upvotes
York
My 7-year old Kenmore water softener developed a sizable longitudinal crack at the core. What caused it and is it repairable? I'm running in by-pass mode now. Thx.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2007
1033 posts
155 upvotes
Waterloo
All-in-one softeners tend to develop this problem because fiberglass tanks are not designed to be sitting in brine/salt. Over the years the change in salt level in the brine tank causes abrasion to the brittle fiberglass tank. Any breach in the fiberglass layers allows brine to get in behind the layers. The constant change in salt concentration in brine causes repeated crystalization and puts stress on the inner side of fiberglass layers which will weaken over time.

It can be very expensive to have the tank and resin replaced (a cracked resin tank is not feasibly repairable). You can try calling sears to see what they have to say.

Putting the softener in bypass mode is a good idea as I have seen tanks rupture catastrophically causing floods in basements.
Feb 25, 2015
690 posts
129 upvotes
York Region
Hello guys,

i have inherited one of those Kinetico Water softener systems with 4 tanks, RO, water filtration, etc... One of the the tanks is leaking and caused quite a mess in my furnace room. Luckily I have 1.5 inch XPS under my OSB boards and the water made it's way to drain with no damage to the finished part of my basement. I can't really tell which tank it is because the tank is on the ground and I haven't found a way to remove it and inspect. Very limited information on these things.

Are these Kinetico tanks repairable or replaceable at a decent costs? I know there are only a hand full of "Authorized retailers" that can service these units. I'm going to be calling up J&S Plumbing to take a look but just wanted to be informed first.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2007
1033 posts
155 upvotes
Waterloo
bacalhau4me wrote:
Sep 28th, 2016 3:29 pm
Hello guys,

i have inherited one of those Kinetico Water softener systems with 4 tanks, RO, water filtration, etc... One of the the tanks is leaking and caused quite a mess in my furnace room. Luckily I have 1.5 inch XPS under my OSB boards and the water made it's way to drain with no damage to the finished part of my basement. I can't really tell which tank it is because the tank is on the ground and I haven't found a way to remove it and inspect. Very limited information on these things.

Are these Kinetico tanks repairable or replaceable at a decent costs? I know there are only a hand full of "Authorized retailers" that can service these units. I'm going to be calling up J&S Plumbing to take a look but just wanted to be informed first.
I believe only Kinetico authorized dealers have the tools and parts to repair or change settings since all parts are proprietary and mechanically driven. This means $$$ to repair. Good luck.
Feb 25, 2015
690 posts
129 upvotes
York Region
Blitzo wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2016 10:37 pm
bacalhau4me wrote:
Sep 28th, 2016 3:29 pm
Hello guys,

I believe only Kinetico authorized dealers have the tools and parts to repair or change settings since all parts are proprietary and mechanically driven. This means $$$ to repair. Good luck.
Thanks for the info.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2004
2527 posts
145 upvotes
So who does one go with for a water softener in Newmarket?

Chlor-a-soft model? and what's the going rate on these ?