• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2017 2:32 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 21, 2013
27 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
We just bought a house with a water softener system recently installed and I have absolutely no idea if its working or what to do with it, its a waterite Technologies Fusion2.

Does anyone have one of these systems? What do I need to look for on the meter to know its doing its job?

I've bought a few bags of the require salt, do I fill it up past the water line?
Dec 31, 2011
18 posts
2 upvotes
North York
anyone know where I can buy culligan water softener parts?? I'm in the finch and Victoria park area..
Mar 25, 2005
523 posts
7 upvotes
We are thinking of getting a water softener for our house. So far we have had multiple times fail on us due to hard water and have lots of buildup of mineral on our faucets. We are located in the Vaughan (Weston/Rutherford) area and wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a good company that services this area. We had Culligan come out to give us a quote since we have a friend who used them, but they had quoted $4000+ for softener and reverse osmosis system. Not really convinced on the reverse osmosis since we have a filter in our sink we are happy with.

That price seems very high considering the price of units I see an homedepot or Costco. Are theirs really that much better or are they overpriced for the quality?
May 3, 2005
980 posts
63 upvotes
Woodbridge
I ended up getting a unit at Lowes and had them install it. Total came out to around $1300 for the unit + installation costs.

I wouldn't pay $4K+ for a unit as that's way too much.

Lobo
Jul 15, 2014
14 posts
Richmond Hill, ON
lobo wrote:
Nov 15th, 2016 7:35 am
I ended up getting a unit at Lowes and had them install it. Total came out to around $1300 for the unit + installation costs.

I wouldn't pay $4K+ for a unit as that's way too much.

Lobo

I also just purchase an unit at lowes recently and I am planning to have lowes installation service to get my water softener installed. I was quoted the installation fee is $345 + Tax when I was at my local store. Can I know how much you were paid for the installation service and does lowes just get plumbers from outside to provide installation service?
Thank you.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2007
2857 posts
765 upvotes
Paris
I had a $800 Sears jobbie in our first house locally and in this one there is a 3K+ Culligan unit. The Culy holds more salt... that is literally the only difference I have found.
Gbill2004: Thanks but I'll just smell the couch before/if I buy it.

jonnyb: I go in there like PICASSO and toss the glue everywhere, I don't care what house I'm on.
Mar 27, 2011
234 posts
42 upvotes
Just had Mike from Purisoft install a 62K Chlor-A-Soft water softener and a 5 stage R/O system. Overall a great experience, very clean install and a really honest and down to earth guy.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2004
2548 posts
157 upvotes
ShakDiesel wrote:
Nov 24th, 2016 3:33 pm
Just had Mike from Purisoft install a 62K Chlor-A-Soft water softener and a 5 stage R/O system. Overall a great experience, very clean install and a really honest and down to earth guy.
how much was it to get installed?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1997 posts
209 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
Just bought a townhouse in the guelph area. House is roughly 1300 sqft and has 3.5 baths. Looking to install a decent quality unit, but don't want to spend too much. We had Culligan give us an estimate of $1800 installed which sounds like a bit much. Anyone have any ideas on what i should be looking at?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2007
1067 posts
174 upvotes
Waterloo
bargain man wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 3:21 pm
Just bought a townhouse in the guelph area. House is roughly 1300 sqft and has 3.5 baths. Looking to install a decent quality unit, but don't want to spend too much. We had Culligan give us an estimate of $1800 installed which sounds like a bit much. Anyone have any ideas on what i should be looking at?
How many people live in your home?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2007
1067 posts
174 upvotes
Waterloo
bargain man wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 4:04 pm
also found this on amazon.com, it seems as though this has pretty good reviews as well. Found that it's much cheaper in the states, might be easier to buy there and bring it over.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004G ... lab-20#Ask
Thats roughly $800 CAD +tax/duty. You need to have it shipped to a US address. Then you need to install yourself or pay someone to do it.

It doesn't say where the resin is made and what quality it is (% cross-linking, finemesh, etc). This is very important in how long the softener will last.