Tags:
None
Mar 19, 2013
608 posts
175 upvotes
Prince Albert, Sask.
krossfyah wrote:
Jan 26th, 2017 11:02 pm
I got the excalibur installed and seems to be working well, it uses a Klack valve.

Clack valves are rated as one of the best in the business. Good choice.
May 6, 2016
87 posts
11 upvotes
Leask
Looking at the Chlor-A-Soft Water Softener by excalibur to help with the chlorine smell and reduce the calcium build up in showers and on taps. Chemicals in the water being my biggest concern.

City is Whitby
4 people
3 full bathrooms + 1 powder room

Am I on the right track going with this unit?
Dec 13, 2005
273 posts
18 upvotes
Mono, Ontario
yes, thats t he same unit I have and works very well.
gtawater sells it the cheapest, you can haggle with them on pricing and they will deliver to you at your door step.
Feb 7, 2017
1 posts
Purchased a chlorasoft unit from gta water. My questions for anyone familier with these units. First question,if I use potasium chloride? Do I have to change any settings??? Also, I understand that it cannot go longer than 14 days without a regen. This unit is on city water, but is installed in wasaga beach with 13 grain hardness. I am up there every weekend, but does not get huge usage like home in city. Do you recommend longer interval for Regen? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Feb 4, 2010
431 posts
111 upvotes
For those of you who have purchased a chlorasoft - how much did you pay?
Jun 22, 2009
526 posts
115 upvotes
Kitchener
Hi everybody!

My softener is dying (13 years old and rubber on flappers deteriorates).

Quick question about softener from GTA Water:

lots of people here got Chlorasoft + Chlorine + VOC Filtration unit.
How does it remove chlorine? What is the difference between this one and their regular Value Series Softener? What are the differences between all that different lines they have? (control unit looks identical).

Thanks in advance!
Слава Україні! Героям слава!
May 3, 2006
224 posts
40 upvotes
Looking for a water softener does GTA water do installations and what is the cost for a unit with 4-5 people usage?
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
5040 posts
807 upvotes
GTA
xcspeed wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2017 4:24 pm
Looking for a water softener does GTA water do installations and what is the cost for a unit with 4-5 people usage?
I am looking for an installer in the GTA as well

We Shall Never Forget 7/08 '14
We Shall Never Forget 8/19 '11

Toilet Paper Calculations Thread
Dec 13, 2005
273 posts
18 upvotes
Mono, Ontario
Installers can be found on kijiji, theres not much to it

I used a guy who was reasonable and did a good job.

Eugene from MNM water

Let him know Anthony from Mono reffered you.
Feb 13, 2007
103 posts
21 upvotes
I'm currently in the lookout for a Water Softening system.
Scheduled a consultation with Kinetico but would like some feedback and recommendation from current users. I understand Kinetico is efficient and well reviewed but does the cost savings in the long run outweigh the initial investment? What would be a good price to pay for a system suitable for a small family (2 Adults/2 washroom)? Thanks
Apr 10, 2017
393 posts
105 upvotes
I'm moving to my home in July and the previous owner has a water softer. Is there anyway to check if the system is still functioning well?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2007
1073 posts
179 upvotes
Waterloo
DarkEvilKen wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 7:43 pm
I'm currently in the lookout for a Water Softening system.
Scheduled a consultation with Kinetico but would like some feedback and recommendation from current users. I understand Kinetico is efficient and well reviewed but does the cost savings in the long run outweigh the initial investment? What would be a good price to pay for a system suitable for a small family (2 Adults/2 washroom)? Thanks
You'll save approx. $3/year on electricity with a kinetico system. Ask them what their service charges are if something goes wrong. Ask them about the warranty then make a decision. Kinetico parts are proprietary and can only be serviced by authorized kinetico technicians.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2007
1073 posts
179 upvotes
Waterloo
Biscayne05 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 9:48 pm
I'm moving to my home in July and the previous owner has a water softer. Is there anyway to check if the system is still functioning well?
If you notice white residue or lime scale build up on dishes or glassware, glass shower door, on the strainers at the end of taps, or find it difficult to create a lather with a very small amount of soap, you have hard water.

You can always take a sample of water in a bottle and bring it to any water treatment store. They can test your soft water. Get at least two tests from different stores. Some places are shady and will lie about the result just so they can sell you a water softener.
Oct 23, 2005
441 posts
122 upvotes
Hi,

I have questions on maintaining the system. How often should I set my time-based water softener to regen? How much salt should I put into the tank? Should I top up the tank every month or dump few bags at once every few months?

What information do I need to provide to get the answer?

Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
8774 posts
612 upvotes
Any suggestions for softener in York region and installer ? How much am I looking at for four/five people.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic