Waterclub condos

Anyone living in this condo
7 replies
[OP]
Aug 3, 2005
677 posts
3 upvotes
May be some personal pros and cons?
Would you prefer other condos than waterclubs?
Any forums where i can get more info on condos?

Basically , anything you want to say about waterclubs :)

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
6273 posts
64 upvotes
Etobicoke
We don't live there. But have been shopping around the area for a while and see all the condos along QQ (not including 211QQ & any building west of 550QQ or east of WTC).

Not impressed with this place. If you're going to rent, that's fine. But if you plan to buy.... pay good attention to the quality of construction and design (eg. thin walls, poor workmanship, loud stairs etc.) I don't think you'll be impressed once you've seen other condos along QQ. One of the buildings in this group is also just few meters away from Gardiner --> highway traffic noise.

If these condos stand alone on QQ, fine. But when you compare this group of condos with the rest of the condos in the same neighbourhood, it doesn't compare. Even units in 250/260/270 QQ (the infamous 3 ugly QQ buildings) are better built than WaterWorld.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2006
1144 posts
3 upvotes
North York
eelfliw wrote:
Dec 24th, 2006 1:28 pm
We don't live there. But have been shopping around the area for a while and see all the condos along QQ (not including 211QQ & any building west of 550QQ or east of WTC).

Not impressed with this place. If you're going to rent, that's fine. But if you plan to buy.... pay good attention to the quality of construction and design (eg. thin walls, poor workmanship, loud stairs etc.) I don't think you'll be impressed once you've seen other condos along QQ. One of the buildings in this group is also just few meters away from Gardiner --> highway traffic noise.

If these condos stand alone on QQ, fine. But when you compare this group of condos with the rest of the condos in the same neighbourhood, it doesn't compare. Even units in 250/260/270 QQ (the infamous 3 ugly QQ buildings) are better built than WaterWorld.

I'm shopping in the area as well, and had the same conclusion about waterclub. Plus the layout on the units are just horrible.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 21, 2005
5012 posts
332 upvotes
Markham
First looked at the layouts years ago (2001/2002??). I recall they try to make every suite w/ lakeview. So dont be surprised with long hallways and bedrooms w/o windows

First impressions from friend's suite
- nice, open concept kitchen w/ upgraded appliances
- long, narrow entranceway
:idea: :) :lol: :razz: :D
[OP]
Aug 3, 2005
677 posts
3 upvotes
We thought waterclubs would be the best on first opinion. We did not think about all these issues such as
1) no windows in bedroom
2) high maintenance cost
3) how do you know if walls are thin?
4) how can you tell about poor workmanship as well?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2004
3109 posts
71 upvotes
Mississauga
My buddy lives in the Waterclub and loves it. But you have to put it into perspective.

Prior to that he (we were roommates) were renting a place at the Cityplace condo's at Front & Spadina. We call it the "professional ghetto" because while there are quite a few professionals living in the condo, the buildings are crap. Fit and finish are mediocre, services (especially the lack of an appropriate number of elevators) are miserable and the noise from the GO Train, VIA train and other rail traffic are unbelievable.

That said, the Waterclub still looks ghetto to me. We were there on Friday for a Christmas party.

Go visit any unit. It'll be easy as there are tonnes of units for rent.

When you're inside a unit, consider whether you could live there. Ask yourself if the kitchen affords you sufficient storage space for your dishes, your glasses, and other nice things you want to showcase.

Go into the bedroom. Consider whether you can fit a night table in the room along with a queen bed. Consider whether there's sufficient closet space for you to hang your clothing. I own 10+ suits and countless other shirts, ties, etc. I couldn't even hang all my suits in the closet space in his unit.