Students

waterloo graduate program

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2015 10:19 pm
Jul 4, 2015
2 posts
Westmount, QC

waterloo graduate program

I have recently got admission in the ECE M.ENG program at Waterloo. Need some guidance about how the life is at waterloo and how the program is going to be?
3 replies
Banned
Nov 12, 2013
927 posts
209 upvotes
Iceland
You're taking the course based version of a masters in Engineering. Expect it to be like an extension of upper year with more advanced level courses in whatever specialized area of ECE you plan on pursuing. I imagine it'll be quite tough, but you've gotten good grades thus far. As far as the life at Waterloo, most of my friends have enjoyed their time at Waterloo. Are you staying on Campus?
"Between my salary and the office supplies I pilfer, I'm making 6 figures."
Medicine1T4 wrote: oh that's just a username............... im in grade 12
Jul 4, 2015
2 posts
Westmount, QC
Thank you for your reply...planning to live off campus but nothing has been decided so far.
Feb 5, 2013
480 posts
529 upvotes
Waterloo is a small enough town where you don't feel totally bored to death but there definitely aren't many things to do compared to a larger city like Toronto or Montreal. Definitely has that small town feel -- there's one major mall, with a movie theatre, good places to be outdoorsy, we have a fair bit of variety in terms of food and the nightlife isn't bad. If you're into the pub scene there are a few of those in the nearby plaza and around. I definitely feel safe living in Waterloo, and I like how the campus is fairly accessible from north to south without having to walk eons (I'm looking at you, U of T)

If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer them. Not in ECE MEng, but from what I know, you're advancing your knowledge within, so you get to pick what specialization you'd like to focus in.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)