Waverley & Seel Photo Radar in Winnipeg

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2018 4:30 pm
Aug 26, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote

Waverley & Seel Photo Radar in Winnipeg

Hi guys.

I just received a Photo Radar ticket. The incident happened on Waverley & Seel traveling North on July 5, 2018.

I was traveling on Seel going West towards Waverley. I turned right on Waverley. As soon as you turn on Waverley, there is a speed limit sign posted as 70 km\h. About 100 yards after the speed sign, there was a White Minivan parked on the right side. It was obviously a Photo Radar Van.

There is Construction little farther ahead (Taylor & Waverley Overpass). I didn't think anything off it because the posted speed limit was 70 km\h. Once I reached the construction zone and the 50 km\h sign, naturally I slowed down. I have noticed the same White Van a few more times in this area but the speed sign was still posted as 70 Km\h.

A few days later, magically A NEW SPEED SIGN appeared on Waverley right after the 70 km\h and little before the Photo Radar Van which stated that the speed limit is now 50 km\h. Now the Photo Radar made sense. Now I was following the speed limit because it was posted.

A few weeks later, I got a Photo Radar speeding ticket in my mail.

Now I am 100% POSITIVE that I got caught speeding in a Construction Zone BEFORE they put up the new 50 Km\h sign.

Did anybody else have the same experience in that area.

Thanks

Ray
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5429 posts
5285 upvotes
GTA
I drive white minivan. Stop blaming me for your ticket, not cool.
Oct 22, 2018
1 posts
The same thing happened to me - I am fighting it...have a court date November 1.

Marnie
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
Radovan91 wrote: Hi guys.

I just received a Photo Radar ticket. The incident happened on Waverley & Seel traveling North on July 5, 2018.

I was traveling on Seel going West towards Waverley. I turned right on Waverley. As soon as you turn on Waverley, there is a speed limit sign posted as 70 km\h. About 100 yards after the speed sign, there was a White Minivan parked on the right side. It was obviously a Photo Radar Van.

There is Construction little farther ahead (Taylor & Waverley Overpass). I didn't think anything off it because the posted speed limit was 70 km\h. Once I reached the construction zone and the 50 km\h sign, naturally I slowed down. I have noticed the same White Van a few more times in this area but the speed sign was still posted as 70 Km\h.

A few days later, magically A NEW SPEED SIGN appeared on Waverley right after the 70 km\h and little before the Photo Radar Van which stated that the speed limit is now 50 km\h. Now the Photo Radar made sense. Now I was following the speed limit because it was posted.

Now I am 100% POSITIVE that I got caught speeding in a Construction Zone BEFORE they put up the new 50 Km\h sign.

Thanks

Ray
this is also one of the reason I have a dash cam. I don't know if you can use this to fight a ticket, though, never happened yet
Aug 26, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote
Hi Marnie.

Let me know how it goes. My court date is November 26.

Ray
Aug 26, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote
I wish I had a dash cam. That would prove my innocence because the 50 km\h sign was not posted at that time. I did buy a dash cam since then and will be ready for them down the road. The City made a a lot of money this time around and we all know that they will try to do the same thing again.

Ray
Deal Fanatic
Sep 3, 2006
5546 posts
3067 upvotes
Winnipeg
Radovan91 wrote: Hi guys.

Thanks

Ray
My recollection, as I travel that route regularly, is that they have the van/suv RIGHT at the start of the 50km/h zone. I suspect, you were still speeding as you entered the zone and that's how they nabbed you. No speed warning before, just a 50km/h sign and a van/suv.

Right out front of the Waverley Soccer Complex, correct ?

There was even a guy with a sign warning everyone to slow down for a few days.
This isn't a blog.
Aug 26, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote
I am fighting it because there was no 50 km\h sign when I got the ticket. The sign was posted a few days later but without dash cam video, there is no way I can prove it. I am hoping someone out there still has the video.
Nov 4, 2018
1 posts
What was the outcome of your court hearing? I also got nabbed there July 4. I swear there was no 50 km sign warning. But the photo enforcer's drawing shows a few warnings before the spot I got snapped. My court date's tomorrow.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)