Shopping Discussion

Way to avoid outrageous UPS/FedEX brokerage fees !

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2017 11:03 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2014
1023 posts
452 upvotes
Somewhere, ON
Based on HST or 13% (ONT) you would have taxes of $39.00 on the item itself but you would also have HST on DHL service fee in that total. As for duty payable, unless we know what the item is or where it originated no one can answer that question. Did DHL not give you a classification number that you can use to see what the duty is?
“When you marry the right woman, you are ‘complete.’ If you marry the wrong woman, you are ‘finished.’ And, if the right one catches you with the wrong one, you are ‘completely finished.'"
May 28, 2007
65 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
thediamondshopper wrote:
May 12th, 2017 4:09 am
I ship with both Fedex and UPS all the time and there are a few tricks
1. Open an account with them and have a credit card on file tell the shipper to put you account number to bill duties and taxes to. For some shipments with Fedex you can upload you own docs.
Appreciate the tip - Tried this today... Created new account after multiple failed attempts (submit button not working on Safari, multiple refreshes and finally submitted, but received page display error on Chrome - but appears account was created). Now how do I get a FedEx account number?? I was never prompted for a credit card.

When I go to FedEx > My Profile > Account Management -- I am asked to enter an account number. But I don't have one yet FedEx, because you haven't given it to me! Ugh. Either I am dense or this website really is horrible to use. Guess will try calling them.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)