Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

WD 1TB My Passport USB 3.0 Portable External HD $99.99-$30=$69.99 Staples Mar. 21

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2013 12:04 am
Tags:
None
May 11, 2009
554 posts
29 upvotes
well, staples is having issue with those coupons now, since you can use it now even the price of single item is not over what coupon stated to be, as long as the over all value is over then you are good. most likely that some of the orders might be cancelled, but it's worth to give it a shot... :twisted:
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2010
1166 posts
492 upvotes
Ottawa
well if it does work with SSD drives ( specifially the samsung 840, 250GB model :Link).
Then it would probably be worth it to pick one up if someone can get a PM on top of coupon since the regular staples price is already much higher than other places (CC for example)

Staples Samsung 840 250GB = $195.99 - $30 coupon = $165.99
Canada computers 840 250GB = $169.00.

Ideal would be a PM to $169.00 then apply coupon for additional $30 off = $139

I have done a PM + coupon deal at a staples store before, however it was a managers overide so its probably a big YMMV .
Also does not help that the Samsung 840 SSD drives are an online only item, and my coupon says in-store only.

Having noted all that, there is still a slim chance that someone (with a little luck) can pickup a good deal on one of these SSD drives.
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10185 posts
5573 upvotes
Toronto
From what the associate told me, they will not price match with an item they do not carry in-store with an item found online, so if you buy something online, and go in-instore to price match and get the difference, they won't do it for you.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
teoconca wrote: For 1TB portable drive, is this better deal with free shipping and 2 years warranty.
http://www.amazon.ca/Seagate-Backup-Por ... Q8PQ2DEGQ9
PM at staples

http://www.staples.ca/STBU1000100/direc ... 1_1_20001? $79.99 + filler - 30off instore coupon?
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1162 posts
110 upvotes
Corleone187 wrote: if u pay cash then arent they forced to round up to $100 or something? :lol:
It supposed to... :lol:
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2525 posts
1046 upvotes
Burnaby
sircool wrote: just a reminder, if anyone want a coupon for HD, pm me your email, I have 3 to spare

also I have a brand new HP SmartSave 3.5" 1TB USB 2.0 desktop External HD for $60

all 3 coupon sent out, to Musiq Soulchild, cutiehoney and Psykopathik
show the man some love!
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2006
2017 posts
717 upvotes
Psykopathik wrote: show the man some love!
:D if anyone could get the HP drive from my hand, I would be more happier
Mar 1, 2013
23 posts
6 upvotes
Saweeeeet, thanks OP!!! ordered the WD 3TB MYBOOK ESSENTIAL for $135.89 including all taxes... probably not the slickest deal but what can i do... I got a blu-ray collection that just won't stop growing!!! ;)
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10185 posts
5573 upvotes
Toronto
Letting anyone who wanted to purchase a SSD, I PM Staples with CC at $151 after taxes. Sweet.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
thatwasntnice wrote: Saweeeeet, thanks OP!!! ordered the WD 3TB MYBOOK ESSENTIAL for $135.89 including all taxes... probably not the slickest deal but what can i do... I got a blu-ray collection that just won't stop growing!!! ;)
I lost big part of my blu-ray collection 2 months ago (imagine 3 TB of movies) when this hard drive failed after a week.
Still sitting under my chair,hopefully will send it for a replacement next week.
I'm not going to purchase any crappy WD again.
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10185 posts
5573 upvotes
Toronto
immortal_kssss wrote: I lost big part of my blu-ray collection 2 months ago (imagine 3 TB of movies) when this hard drive failed after a week.
Still sitting under my chair,hopefully will send it for a replacement next week.
I'm not sure why people have commented on Seagate being bad, I've had 2 extHDD from them, and they broke maybe after 3 years of use, but they've both had 5 year warranties on them and Seagate replaced them no hassle. On the 2nd they even upgraded the extHDD for my trouble. I love Seagate, might buy a portable extHDD for my media centre.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2004
5180 posts
1273 upvotes
Wow... ordering from staples.ca is a joke. Ordered $75 worth of stuff and applied a 25 off 75 coupon. Check my order status on staples.ca and the coupon is not applied anymore. Go on live chat and explain my situation and they tell me the coupon doesn't apply to technology items... it says nothing of this on the coupon. Tell me to scan the coupon and e-mail it to them. They apply the coupon for me and now tell me that I didn't enter a payment method. It says on live chat not to give your CC info so I say f*** it and cancel the order. Worst coupon system ever. Never ordering from staples again.

/rant
May 25, 2009
297 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone has an extra coupon I would love to take it off your hands.

Thanks in advance, seems like a pretty decent deal.
ye.
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10185 posts
5573 upvotes
Toronto
rahzel wrote: Wow... ordering from staples.ca is a joke. Ordered $75 worth of stuff and applied a 25 off 75 coupon. Check my order status on staples.ca and the coupon is not applied anymore. Go on live chat and explain my situation and they tell me the coupon doesn't apply to technology items... it says nothing of this on the coupon. Tell me to scan the coupon and e-mail it to them. They apply the coupon for me and now tell me that I didn't enter a payment method. It says on live chat not to give your CC info so I say f*** it and cancel the order. Worst coupon system ever. Never ordering from staples again.

/rant
Call, it's much less hassle, they'll even call back if it takes too long.
Mar 1, 2013
23 posts
6 upvotes
immortal_kssss wrote: I lost big part of my blu-ray collection 2 months ago (imagine 3 TB of movies) when this hard drive failed after a week.
dang, that's gotta be depressing... but if u have a blu-ray burner, invest in some bd-r disc's and burn ur collection and store it away somewhere safe.... it takes more time but it's still better than re-ripping or downloading 3TB worth of movies!!

Variability wrote: I'm not sure why people have commented on Seagate being bad, I've had 2 extHDD from them, and they broke maybe after 3 years of use, but they've both had 5 year warranties on them and Seagate replaced them no hassle. On the 2nd they even upgraded the extHDD for my trouble. I love Seagate, might buy a portable extHDD for my media centre.
eh, you go with what works... I started off with 2 seagates several years ago that both let me down within a few weeks... so I made the switch to WD around 2004 and all the hard drives, including the ones i've bought back then are still fully operational without any problems... only thing i like about seagate is their deals are more appealing, but i figured since my luck with WD is still good, why mess with it!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2004
5180 posts
1273 upvotes
Variability wrote: Call, it's much less hassle, they'll even call back if it takes too long.
I just e-mailed them, will try calling if their e-mail reps are as useless as their live chat reps.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2004
9318 posts
204 upvotes
rdha wrote: This unit was on sale in Feb 22, 2013 for $84.99 less $25.00 coupon = $59.99... at which price I bought thus making $69.99 much cooler deal...
Cooler deal if you owned one of these:

Jul 15, 2008
985 posts
239 upvotes
Edge
Looks like the HDD coupon for tomorrow is not working anymore, it says expired when I tried to apply it.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2010
1166 posts
492 upvotes
Ottawa
Variability wrote: Letting anyone who wanted to purchase a SSD, I PM Staples with CC at $151 after taxes. Sweet.
What procedure did you use to get the PM on that online only Samsung SSD?
Did you place your order then call in, or did they PM it on the phone first?
Sep 27, 2007
110 posts
2 upvotes
Variability wrote: Letting anyone who wanted to purchase a SSD, I PM Staples with CC at $151 after taxes. Sweet.
how did you manage that. all done online or did you order then call?

Thx

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)