Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

WD 3TB Red @ B-com for $99.95

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2013 9:34 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 18, 2008
399 posts
28 upvotes

WD 3TB Red @ B-com for $99.95

Deal Link:
Price:
Mystery Sale from B-com has 3TB WD Red on sale $55 off.

Red is primarily for NAS devices, so it is a bit of a niche product, but if you missed the previous 3TB sales, this is still a good price.

edit: I should add that this is NOT for you if you are planning to use this as a boot drive, only as a storage drive.
50 replies
Jul 21, 2011
738 posts
374 upvotes
Azkaban
Nice find, except S&H is 16$. Too rich for my blood. :(
You wouldn't know a communist if one jumped out of a giant May Day cake, slapped you across the face with a copy of The Conquest of Bread, and walked off whistling La Internationale.
Jul 21, 2011
738 posts
374 upvotes
Azkaban
Might be worth a shot trying to PM at either FS or BB or ME
You wouldn't know a communist if one jumped out of a giant May Day cake, slapped you across the face with a copy of The Conquest of Bread, and walked off whistling La Internationale.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2004
1235 posts
1245 upvotes
$16 shipping :/. still a good deal though
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2013
1150 posts
631 upvotes
Krakenlayer wrote: Might be worth a shot trying to PM at either FS or BB or ME
PM with ME? I don't think so. ME doesn't PM B-com. Why bother trying? Look at all the other threads where people have been noob raging because they got their PM denied. Comical to say the least.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
Krakenlayer wrote: Might be worth a shot trying to PM at either FS or BB or ME
While Quantity Last
Limited 1 per customer

they might deny based on that ! GL
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Mar 16, 2006
163 posts
2 upvotes
Nepean
Tried PMing BB but they said because BB has limited qty, that they could not do a PM. We didn't even get to the point of discussing B-COM. If I wasn't so busy, I'd push the matter more. Would have been nice to PM, and get 5% PayPal cashback. May try with FS later to see if I have luck there.
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
Fysloc wrote: Red is primarily for NAS devices, so it is a bit of a niche product, but if you missed the previous 3TB sales, this is still a good price.
What was the previous 3TB red sale? I actually need the 3TB red for my NAS, so I would like to know if there was a cheaper sale than this for the 3TB red
Aug 6, 2012
503 posts
50 upvotes
EDMONTON
Could someone explain what you mean by NAS and how the red is different from the black drives? I think it'd be really useful for other members who may not know as well! Thank you.
Jan 18, 2007
679 posts
307 upvotes
Edmonton
technique wrote: Could someone explain what you mean by NAS and how the red is different from the black drives? I think it'd be really useful for other members who may not know as well! Thank you.
This post at the Tomshardware forums provides a good explanation.
Ustauk,
Edmonton, Alberta
Jul 21, 2011
738 posts
374 upvotes
Azkaban
technique wrote: Could someone explain what you mean by NAS and how the red is different from the black drives? I think it'd be really useful for other members who may not know as well! Thank you.
NAS are network attach storage. Basically its a low power cpu that acts like a file server. Some people (i.e. me) use them to back up important files and to create a single media storage device.

WD RED are made to be more efficient for NAS duties. Because a NAS is supposed to be constantly on, low power consumption and long MTBF are important. You don't want a drive burning out. And you don't want it sucking a lot of power while idle.

I wouldn't advise using a RED for anything other than NAS type work.
Jul 21, 2011
738 posts
374 upvotes
Azkaban
Messerschmitt wrote: What was the previous 3TB red sale? I actually need the 3TB red for my NAS, so I would like to know if there was a cheaper sale than this for the 3TB red
TigerDirect had a 3TB Red for like a $100 after MIR a few weeks back. Most people hated the deal because TD and MIR have not always mixed well
Jul 21, 2011
738 posts
374 upvotes
Azkaban
Lucian99 wrote: PM with ME? I don't think so. ME doesn't PM B-com. Why bother trying? Look at all the other threads where people have been noob raging because they got their PM denied. Comical to say the least.
I'm aware of ME rejecting PMs with Bcom for some deals. Having said that ME has a more efficient PM system than most retailers. They give feedback before charging you. BB and FS need you to fill the order, then PM through phone (as far as I'm aware) or in store.
Aug 6, 2012
503 posts
50 upvotes
EDMONTON
Great! Thanks guys. Looks like i'll hold off, wish i snagged the last deal.
Nov 18, 2008
399 posts
28 upvotes
There was also a 3TB seagate few weeks ago for $80 which started the whole "ME will no longer PM B-com" mess.

But yes, RED is primarily for NAS devices and for storage drives on computers. I will bold the OP on that part a bit more.
Oct 2, 2011
197 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
best deal so far. been followed WD30EFRX for months. the last lowest price is TG $100 after MIR.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)