Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

WD TV Live Hub $175.99 After PM w/Dell @ BB

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2011 7:27 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
2557 posts
494 upvotes
Thornhill

[Dell] WD TV Live Hub $175.99 After PM w/Dell @ BB

Dell has the WD TV Live Hub on sale this weekend for $179.99, link here:
http://accessories.dell.com/sna/product ... u=A4585559

I PM'd with BB this morning for $175.99 as BB price is $219.99 ($219.99 - $40 - $4 (10% difference) = $175.99).

Hope this helps someone :) .
26 replies
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
206 upvotes
Just to let everyone know who wants to get this to stream videos from computer to the rest of the house - if you have the latest update to Security Essentials 2011, there's a problem with it & you can't. I have a dif. version of the WD player & it was all over the WD newsgroups. No fix yet :(
Jun 27, 2008
106 posts
23 upvotes
Kris81 wrote: Just to let everyone know who wants to get this to stream videos from computer to the rest of the house - if you have the latest update to Security Essentials 2011, there's a problem with it & you can't. I have a dif. version of the WD player & it was all over the WD newsgroups. No fix yet :(

Who would want Security Essentials 2011?

Quote from MSDN Blog:
"Security Essentials 2011 pretends to be antivirus software from Microsoft, but instead of protecting you from malicious software it infects your computer with it. Worse, the software claims that in order to protect your computer you need to pay for this software. You are not only paying for a fraudulent service, but also turning over your sensitive personal and financial information to cybercriminals."
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
2228 posts
2152 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Good price but from what I recall BB wouldn't PM Dell for me on a previous occasion.. Can't remember what their reason was but I remember they said no.
Feb 4, 2007
296 posts
94 upvotes
damn I wish this was $180 at BB. I don't think they'll PM me from dell... I had problems before.

I have a Boxee Box, and I know that it does have some bugs, but I really enjoy it and its interface is really nice and plays everything... though 1080p/720p over wifi is always buffering. wanted to get one of these for my parents place...

anyone currently own one and just wanted to get your thoughts on it? how much do you like it? is the interface better than wdtv live (heard themes can be updated)
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1095 posts
558 upvotes
Montreal
Sinwack0 wrote: Who would want Security Essentials 2011?

Quote from MSDN Blog:
"Security Essentials 2011 pretends to be antivirus software from Microsoft, but instead of protecting you from malicious software it infects your computer with it. Worse, the software claims that in order to protect your computer you need to pay for this software. You are not only paying for a fraudulent service, but also turning over your sensitive personal and financial information to cybercriminals."

There is a genuine Security Essentials which is the Microsoft one. It's a security suite that works relatively well, is free, and is light on ressources. You can find it on MS website.

And yeah, I hate those "your computer is infected, click here to clean it" stupid popups. Cannot believe how many people get fooled by those.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2005
1575 posts
92 upvotes
Collingwood
Hmmm, I guess this is a good deal with the built in drive vs a regular wd live with a tb drive connected to it... Will it stream via ethernet?and wifi? I asssume it will only if your tv supports that... Otherwise you need something to stream it from ie another wdlive or ps3 or something...
Oct 19, 2006
58 posts
Is it really worth driving to Best Buy, arguing with Salesperson and then the Manager for 10 minutes to save $4? If you want it just order it from Dell. Great deal and great product by the way. Thanks for the post.
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2008
10276 posts
9274 upvotes
Kitchener
umhagger wrote: is it really worth driving to best buy, arguing with salesperson and then the manager for 10 minutes to save $4? If you want it just order it from dell. Great deal and great product by the way. Thanks for the post.
yes
Sep 8, 2008
337 posts
75 upvotes
York

Quote from MSDN Blog:

Are you serious?? It's one of the highest rated free virus scanners. I think that's why he might want it...

link: http://download.cnet.com/Microsoft-Secu ... 69260.html
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
206 upvotes

Quote from MSDN Blog:

LOL!

#1) It's free if you own a real copy of Windows
#2) the only problem i've ever had with it other than this is the fact it thinks some of my warez key unlocks are trojans.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
2557 posts
494 upvotes
Thornhill
I've never had issues PMing at my bestbuy with Dell ( Richmod Hill store on high tech road ). Would it help anyone if I posted receipt? Alternatively I can send you scan to your email if message me.
nathangl wrote: damn I wish this was $180 at BB. I don't think they'll PM me from dell... I had problems before.

I have a Boxee Box, and I know that it does have some bugs, but I really enjoy it and its interface is really nice and plays everything... though 1080p/720p over wifi is always buffering. wanted to get one of these for my parents place...

anyone currently own one and just wanted to get your thoughts on it? how much do you like it? is the interface better than wdtv live (heard themes can be updated)
Dec 3, 2009
307 posts
149 upvotes
Simcoe County
I suggest using the 10% Coupon off - Electronics and Accessories (if you have one, from the display frenzies contest)

-50.00 Sale
-18.00 10% off
= 161.99
Dec 11, 2007
432 posts
495 upvotes
Markham
picked one up at bb. they price matched it np.
Banned
Oct 19, 2010
7433 posts
1142 upvotes
Mississauga East
darwoodcanada wrote: I suggest using the 10% Coupon off - Electronics and Accessories (if you have one, from the display frenzies contest)

229.99 -50.00 Sale -18.00 10% off = 161.99
I tried my coupon but the 10% does not get applied.

Coupons Entered - 10% Off Select Purchases
The following coupons have been entered but require additional information or do not meet eligibility requirements. Click "View Details" link(s) for more information.

Note: Coupon valid at http://dell.ca/SMB
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3711 posts
1395 upvotes
Ottawa
Just a heads up guys. I absolutely do not recommend this player to anyone. Stick with the WDTV Live. The Live Hub has way too many bugs. Files that play perfectly on the Live stutter or don't play at all on the Hub. I'd had the Hub before release date and I'm still using the WDTV Live to this day. The Hub is just collecting dust. I only connect it when I'm sent a new beta firmware to fulfill my NDA.
Banned
Oct 19, 2010
7433 posts
1142 upvotes
Mississauga East
SHADOW_CRUISER - thanks for the review.
You just saved me some money.

I can't believe the Hub would have problems the WD TV does not have.

WD TV Live Hub is powered by the Sigma SMP 8654AD Video decoder
WD TV Live Plus uses Sigma SMP 8654
WD TV Live Gen 2 uses Sigma SMP 8655

Technically the Live Plus and the Hub should be the same - why would the Hub stutter?
Dec 3, 2009
307 posts
149 upvotes
Simcoe County
zz000ter wrote: I tried my coupon but the 10% does not get applied.

Coupons Entered - 10% Off Select Purchases
The following coupons have been entered but require additional information or do not meet eligibility requirements. Click "View Details" link(s) for more information.

Note: Coupon valid at http://dell.ca/SMB

Coupon worked for me.

I usually ensure it's created a small business cart by going to www.dell.ca and clicking on a business laptop/desktop adding it to my cart, and then searching from the cart search for the items I want.. add them and then apply the coupon, deleting the business laptop/desktop I don't want. This normally works perfectly for me. YMMV
Jun 27, 2008
106 posts
23 upvotes
DaShaggy wrote: Are you serious?? It's one of the highest rated free virus scanners. I think that's why he might want it...

link: http://download.cnet.com/Microsoft-Secu ... 69260.html

Right..That's why a google search with keywords "Security Essentials 2011" brings up about 10 million results on how to remove...

Now let's not confuse Microsoft Security Essentials with Security Essentials 2011 which are two completely different "products" with different intentions.
Dec 2, 2006
594 posts
125 upvotes
Bradford
Will a connected external hd be recognized by other UPnP devices?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)