319 upvotes
Mississauga
porticoman wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 2:28 pm
agree, we got side tracked as usual.

will take this somewhere else after the 10% guy responds

back to the original thread....
Dgs.cdn..
Oh sada kehra bapu karda black nee, Jehra tere shahir (Toronto), Le lawan flat nee
Jul 27, 2017
506 posts
140 upvotes
GTA
MehtabS wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 3:29 pm
Dgs.cdn..
http://bromptongroup.com/funds/fund/dgs/overview

As you know or may be aware, there were periods when the (split share corps) 'class A shares' distributions weren't paid because the NAV dropped below a certain dollar. DGS ying-yang all over the place 20% swing & has negative EPS

Not guaranteed nor are the split share corps class A shares or the closed end funds stable.

Some of the split share corp 'preferred shares' pay 7%, guaranteed monthly + retraction of the original issue price

Over & out, back to the OP topic
Jun 24, 2015
101 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Submitted saving account application online this morning and realized that I made a mistake on the address. I called the bank 4 times but unable to talk to anyone. All operators were busy and the voice mail was full. No choice but had to hang up. Now, I have just received an email for me to deposit $1000. Can I trust this bank?
Feb 20, 2004
657 posts
195 upvotes
15june wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 7:58 pm
Submitted saving account application online this morning and realized that I made a mistake on the address. I called the bank 4 times but unable to talk to anyone. All operators were busy and the voice mail was full. No choice but had to hang up. Now, I have just received an email for me to deposit $1000. Can I trust this bank?
Wouldn't worry too much. I just opened an account and had checked that this financial institution is listed as a member of CDIC. That's why I decided to open one, plus there's a physical office in Vancouver too. Their website is very simple, but does the job. I wasn't able to transfer my 1000 out as I just had opened the account and the 15 day hold was just over on the 10th of Oct. I emailed them and got a response in 2.5 hours as I just checked in my email. They did solve my problem promptly and I was able to do a transfer thereafter. So I suggest you email them instead as people have mentioned that they are low on manpower and not always able to get on the phone it seems. Well guess they have to keep costs down to give us 2.5 %.
Apr 5, 2017
261 posts
28 upvotes
micronta wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 9:35 pm
Wouldn't worry too much. I just opened an account and had checked that this financial institution is listed as a member of CDIC. That's why I decided to open one, plus there's a physical office in Vancouver too. Their website is very simple, but does the job. I wasn't able to transfer my 1000 out as I just had opened the account and the 15 day hold was just over on the 10th of Oct. I emailed them and got a response in 2.5 hours as I just checked in my email. They did solve my problem promptly and I was able to do a transfer thereafter. So I suggest you email them instead as people have mentioned that they are low on manpower and not always able to get on the phone it seems. Well guess they have to keep costs down to give us 2.5 %.
how long this 2.5 last?
Sep 19, 2009
854 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto
micronta wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 9:35 pm
I emailed them and got a response in 2.5 hours as I just checked in my email.
Can you please tell us what email have you used? I see help@wealthonecanada.com listed on the web site. Can that be used for transactions and account management?
[OP]
Jun 23, 2017
259 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto, ON
andrew4321 wrote:
Oct 14th, 2017 4:21 pm
Can you please tell us what email have you used? I see help@wealthonecanada.com listed on the web site. Can that be used for transactions and account management?
yes,,,, though I've had more success with emails sent to Operations@wealthonecanada.com
Last edited by 905P4N6 on Oct 14th, 2017 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 20, 2004
657 posts
195 upvotes
andrew4321 wrote:
Oct 14th, 2017 4:21 pm
Yes that's the exact one I used to email them.
Jun 24, 2015
101 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I was asked to make at least $1000 deposit to open the personal saving account via email. I replied the email and asked if I could use join account cheque on Friday and in this morning. So far, no reply. Not sure what to do now.
Aug 21, 2005
459 posts
31 upvotes
Vancouver
they're pretty crappy in terms of security. i phoned in and gave a client number. no verification required...
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
3397 posts
682 upvotes
moved $1,019.50 (leaving few cents in the account for now) from Wealth One Back over to Simplii (ex PCF) bank ... (2.50% vs 3%) ... without any issues...

Money left Wealth One on Nov. 2
Jun 24, 2015
101 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Deposited money on Oct 19. Money still on hold. Unable to talk to CSR, voice mail is full and email reply is slow. I think I will just park the money here for the 2.5% interest rate.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1811 posts
553 upvotes
Winnipeg
15june wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 6:51 am
Deposited money on Oct 19. Money still on hold. Unable to talk to CSR, voice mail is full and email reply is slow. I think I will just park the money here for the 2.5% interest rate.
Day 16 after the deposit it will be available... So tomorrow morning it will be released automatically
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
Sep 19, 2009
854 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto
Shawguy wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 8:23 am
Day 16 after the deposit it will be available... So tomorrow morning it will be released automatically
Shawguy,

Is this rule only for the initial deposit or for subsequent deposits as well? Let's say that I make a second deposit 3 days after the initial deposit. What the hold period would be? 16 days, 13 days or 5 days?
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
3397 posts
682 upvotes
andrew4321 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 9:06 am
Shawguy,

Is this rule only for the initial deposit or for subsequent deposits as well? Let's say that I make a second deposit 3 days after the initial deposit. What the hold period would be? 16 days, 13 days or 5 days?
As mentioned many times in this thread -- YES, this is the rule ONLY for initial deposit ... future deposits will be on hold less time.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)