Personal Finance

WealthONE Bank of Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2018 9:00 am
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
4283 posts
960 upvotes
^ ^ ... I called there earlier today .. and REP confirmed it's now 2% ...as of today.

Marketing people's decision.
Jun 24, 2015
111 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just opened accounts in Oct for the 2.5% interest rate..... Need to move money out again. Simplicity 3%, Tangerine and TD 2.5%. All of them are better the Wealthone now.
[OP]
Jun 23, 2017
341 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto, ON
15june wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 5:14 pm
Just opened accounts in Oct for the 2.5% interest rate..... Need to move money out again. Simplicity 3%, Tangerine and TD 2.5%. All of them are better the Wealthone now.
The rates you list for Simplii, Tangerine and TD are promotional rates, all with expiry rates within the next 90 days. The common practice among RFD'ers is to move funds to which ever institution is offering the highest rate.
If these promo rates ended today, I'd move my funds to EQ Bank.
Jun 24, 2015
111 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Called Wealthone to transfer money to Tangerine yesterday. Money showed up in Tangerine account very early this morning. Much better than Simplii and Tangerine since they need to transfer on the next day. Wealthone is not bad at all. If they did not decrease the interest rate from 2.5% to 2%, I will leave my money there.
[OP]
Jun 23, 2017
341 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto, ON
WealthONE is definitely not as polished as the competition but that's fine when they were offering a non-promo 2.5% rate. Now that they've decreased it to 2.0%, I doubt I'll be using this HISA very much at all.