• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 6:28 pm
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
3397 posts
682 upvotes
micronta wrote:
Oct 1st, 2017 2:39 pm
Anyone know the transit no and institution no for Wealth One? I'm going to link to my EQ to pull money out if necessary. I guess my account # would be the one I'm login in with.

Just opened an account and hope they sustain their rate or else my moola will go elsewhere. So far the opening an account process is okay (I find EQ to be the most seamless), except kind of a deviation compared to other banks, that they hold the initial deposit for 15 days which I found out from this thread. So thanks for all of your posts.
Saving account string - 80062 (transit #) 370 (bank #) 0010100XXXXX (account #)

XXXXX = put your account number there
Aug 22, 2014
32 posts
8 upvotes
Rideau Ferry
Darkman wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2017 12:28 am

These numbers could be location specific since they have branches in BC, ON. To find your account number, just log online to your saving account, there should be a link to form for PAD and pre-authorized payment, just click on that link to see your precise info.
Sep 19, 2009
854 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto
Darkman wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2017 12:28 am

Can you actually fully link EQ Bank account with WealthONE Bank account? I mean for deposits and withdrawals initiated from both ends? My understanding was that WealthONE requires a real cheque to be withdrawn in order to activate the link and since EQ Bank does not provides cheques this would not be possible. Can anyone recommend some workaround maybe?
[OP]
Jun 23, 2017
259 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto, ON
andrew4321 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 10:31 am
Can you actually fully link EQ Bank account with WealthONE Bank account? I mean for deposits and withdrawals initiated from both ends? My understanding was that WealthONE requires a real cheque to be withdrawn in order to activate the link and since EQ Bank does not provides cheques this would not be possible. Can anyone recommend some workaround maybe?
Darkman was able to do it successfully link his WealthONE account to his EQ Bank account.

For me they said I needed to provide them with a $1.00 personal cheque from EQ Bank in order to set up the link. So I'm SOL and am NOT able to link these two accounts. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

"Hi,

In order to add subsequent links, you are required to provide a personal cheque for a minimum amount of $1.00. The cheque must be pre-printed with your name and made payable to yourself. The cheque will be deposited to your Wealth One Savings Account and once it clears your account that the cheque is drawn on, the bank account will be linked to your Wealth One Savings Account. Please note you may have a maximum of three (3) external accounts linked to your Wealth One account.

Thanks
Leo"
Sep 19, 2009
854 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto
905P4N6 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 10:38 am
Darkman was able to do it successfully link his WealthONE account to his EQ Bank account.
Darkman,

This is a big achievement. Would you be so kind to share with us how you've done it? Thank you.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
3397 posts
682 upvotes
It's in this thread ... look for it few pages back (tired of repeating basically)

In a nutshell .. -- Spoke with Angie ... and emailed to her signed and dated scanned (after signing and dating them) Deposit form (PCF Saving and Tangerine Saving) and Void cheque (generated at EQ's account of mine). Then she linked those ... - PCF Sav and EQ bank ... (and after linking those ... Cancelled Tangerine's chequing where original cheque came from (to open Wealth account), replacing it with Tangerine Saving, as described above..

Something like that.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1811 posts
553 upvotes
Winnipeg
@Darkman Do you know if they did a "soft" inquiry or a "hard" inquiry and was it on Equifax or TransUnion? The manitoba online CU's do hard inquiries even just for savings accounts so I am curious. lol
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
3397 posts
682 upvotes
Shawguy wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 7:32 pm
@Darkman Do you know if they did a "soft" inquiry or a "hard" inquiry and was it on Equifax or TransUnion? The manitoba online CU's do hard inquiries even just for savings accounts so I am curious. lol
I got no clue ... and NEVER concern myself with any soft, hard (or whatever other checks) those places choose to check me ...

I just don't care ... I am totally debt free ... including my condo etc ... and heard that those checks only important to people with loans, mortgages etc ..

I got none ... so totally don't care, lol

They can check me all they want and how they want ... i got nothing to hide or be afraid of :)
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1811 posts
553 upvotes
Winnipeg
Darkman wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 8:49 am
I got no clue ... and NEVER concern myself with any soft, hard (or whatever other checks) those places choose to check me ...

I just don't care ... I am totally debt free ... including my condo etc ... and heard that those checks only important to people with loans, mortgages etc ..

They can check me all they want and how they want ... i got nothing to hide or be afraid of :)
Normally... I don't care either... But I had quite a few hard inquiries in September... So I'm trying not to have more at the moment. Lol

Thanks for the Info..maybe I'll email them in the next few days to see.
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
1251 posts
226 upvotes
Darkman wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 8:49 am

Darkman, you seem to be the resident expert on all matters Wealth One!

Do they offer joint accounts?
Sep 19, 2009
854 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto
What is the hold for deposits, by eft and cheques?
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
2165 posts
319 upvotes
Mississauga
Why you guys are so much after Chinese bank?
Oh sada kehra bapu karda black nee, Jehra tere shahir (Toronto), Le lawan flat nee
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
3397 posts
682 upvotes
minimalist wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 6:33 pm
Darkman, you seem to be the resident expert on all matters Wealth One!

Do they offer joint accounts?
I don't know, as I never asked.

Just call them and ask. :)