Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Wealthsimple

Get $500 when you refer 3 friends to Wealthsimple!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 3rd, 2020 5:31 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2017
2607 posts
2703 upvotes

Get $500 when you refer 3 friends to Wealthsimple!

Deal Link:
Expiry:
April 12, 2019
Retailer:
Wealthsimple
Received this email from Wealthsimple some time ago, noticed that it hasn't been posted yet.

Our winter referral bonus is here! Now you can earn $500 for inviting your friends to Wealthsimple.
To earn the $500 bonus:
1. Invite friends to save or invest with Wealthsimple between now and April 12th, 2019.
2. If 3 (or more) friends sign up and make a minimum deposit of $250 before the deadline, we'll put $500 into your account after April 12th, 2019.
It's a win-win: you get $500 added to your Wealthsimple account and you'll both get $10,000 managed free for a year.
30 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1096 posts
2400 upvotes
lel
How come thumbs down? I'm new to this and would appreciate the perspective
Virgin $30 for $15 GB
Good toilet paper/paper towel deals
Jan 6, 2013
214 posts
337 upvotes
JONQUIERE
Well I think I can help you with this.
Although the application is quite well made and simple to use, I would see a reason for the thumbs down.
''Referral links''
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto
brunomarie wrote: Well I think I can help you with this.
Although the application is quite well made and simple to use, I would see a reason for the thumbs down.
''Referral links''
There’s no referral link in this thread.
Jan 6, 2013
214 posts
337 upvotes
JONQUIERE
Well in that case I do not see the reason. I myself am a user and I enjoy the app. I switched from MYLO which was always problematic. The reference bonus is quite good if you ask me and you get more latitude for having a higher amount placed without fees. But hey, what do I know :)
May 10, 2005
445 posts
80 upvotes
Pretty good deal if you can find 3 friends to sign up. Have had decent returns with them too, definitely cheaper and better than any mutual fund product if you are too lazy to self-invest in ETFs then this is the simple solution
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2017
1108 posts
936 upvotes
joekdo wrote: Pretty good deal if you can find 3 friends to sign up. Have had decent returns with them too, definitely cheaper and better than any mutual fund product if you are too lazy to self-invest in ETFs then this is the simple solution
I would say Wealthsimple is good when starting to invest. As you become more experienced you should open a Wealthsimple Trade account.

wealthsimple-wealthsimple-trade-0-min-0 ... s-2215353/
Sep 26, 2018
151 posts
155 upvotes
I have been using Wealthsimple for investing for the past 2 months and I love it. I literally had no investments until I started using this, it makes everything very smooth and easy.
Raize Digital
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1954 posts
1477 upvotes
How easy is it to get your money/investment back out once you collect the $500 bonus
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2017
1108 posts
936 upvotes
haranzo wrote: Can u refer family or spouse?
Yes, as long as they dont already have an account.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2008
2748 posts
264 upvotes
Toronto
Been with WS for a little more than a year, smooth and easy transition. Just deposit money and let it do it's own thing.

All good for people who are new to investing or want to invest but don't want to deal with rebalancing their portfolio. They also offer different ways to allow free money management (download app, transfer account from another financial institution etc)

Think once you get the hang of it and want to DIY, quest trade would be the next move
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2017
1108 posts
936 upvotes
asdisme wrote: Been with WS for a little more than a year, smooth and easy transition. Just deposit money and let it do it's own thing.

All good for people who are new to investing or want to invest but don't want to deal with rebalancing their portfolio. They also offer different ways to allow free money management (download app, transfer account from another financial institution etc)

Think once you get the hang of it and want to DIY, quest trade would be the next move
Wealthsimple Trade would be the next move. (wait until they have TFSAs and RRSPs)

https://www.wealthsimple.com/en-ca/product/trade
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16011 posts
7474 upvotes
RFD
asdisme wrote: Been with WS for a little more than a year, smooth and easy transition. Just deposit money and let it do it's own thing.

Is there any advantage to this compared to what Tangerine does with their Investment Funds, they also automatically rebalance the portfolio...
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2008
2748 posts
264 upvotes
Toronto
radeonboy wrote: Is there any advantage to this compared to what Tangerine does with their Investment Funds, they also automatically rebalance the portfolio...
WealthSimple charges less in MER fees (management fees). 1.07% vs ~0.7%

As well they offer $10k of free management for a year.
Last edited by asdisme on Feb 28th, 2019 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2002
1755 posts
264 upvotes
GTA
sandeep8g wrote: Wealthsimple Trade would be the next move. (wait until they have TFSAs and RRSPs)

https://www.wealthsimple.com/en-ca/product/trade
I just got access to the trade account, I've moved over $1000 but haven't traded yet.

As for this promo, it's pretty good, I still need to refer 2 people. My strategy is to let people at work know about it... :)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
1412 posts
379 upvotes
TRK9 wrote: I just got access to the trade account, I've moved over $1000 but haven't traded yet.

As for this promo, it's pretty good, I still need to refer 2 people. My strategy is to let people at work know about it... :)
Helps to mention in the thread that you need to refer people still
Xbox Live Gamertag: iEATkittens
Heatware: [url=http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=19658]26-0-0
Mar 22, 2012
363 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
is wealthsimple an online process only? is there a place we can visit an actual advisor or person to go through the account opening process?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)