• Sep 29th, 2017 9:53 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36506 posts
2445 upvotes
Toronto

Weathertech style floor liners... But not by weathertech

Are there other off brands that have weather tech style floor liners?
I'm looking for front driver+passenger floor liners that fit flush along the floor like weathertech. I remember bumping into random internet forum post of people using off-brands of floor liners that fit very flush like weathertech.

I'm looking for these due to the cost. It doesn't have to be a perfect fit. As long as it works. And even that type of effort is better than those chunky flops of floor mat you get from CAnadian Tire and Walmart!
16 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
1858 posts
813 upvotes
Montreal
I like Findway, blends in very nicely with the interior carpet instead of obvious rubber slabs, actually keep mine in all year long now.
Jun 19, 2009
767 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
Other than Weathertech, here's a list I remember off othe top of my head:
Husky - pricey almost like Weathertechs
Maxpider - pricey almost like Weathertechs
U-Guard - don't know much about
Aries - don't know much about
Findway my preference for bang for your buck, but some have complained about aesthetic wear with driver heel area mainly with top layer, which has no impact on protection.
Tuxmat - saw this recently on RFD; don't know much about long term durability
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
1311 posts
249 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I bought maxiliner for my CRV since it covers better the sides
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
3846 posts
2459 upvotes
GTA
+1 for Findway. Looks good and great cost.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36506 posts
2445 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the reviews bud. Those are actually great details...

I'll go with findaway. The others might be better. But the cost and styling are there. Who knows. Maybe it'll crack or get scuffed up easier. But in my experience there are some things that are cheap not neccessarily bc of poor quality, but because they're a lesser known brand.

Like that random sriracha from thailand. Yah it doesnt taste the same as huy's famous rooster brand. But it doesnt taste bad either. Actually has more fire to it :lol:
Jul 24, 2009
583 posts
376 upvotes
kitchener
UrbanPoet wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 5:17 pm
Are there other off brands that have weather tech style floor liners?
I'm looking for front driver+passenger floor liners that fit flush along the floor like weathertech. I remember bumping into random internet forum post of people using off-brands of floor liners that fit very flush like weathertech.

I'm looking for these due to the cost. It doesn't have to be a perfect fit. As long as it works. And even that type of effort is better than those chunky flops of floor mat you get from CAnadian Tire and Walmart!
I did some of the same searching a while ago, but then I came to a conclusion that any good weatertech style mats will be roughly in the same price category...and if not, they will be made from cheaper materials with questionable fit.
You also have to consider stuff like warantee and how easy it is to return them in case theres a problem.
So in the end, I just bit the bullet and got the weather techs...they are great mats, well worth the price in my opinion.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
3846 posts
2459 upvotes
GTA
angry-trucker wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 2:06 pm
I did some of the same searching a while ago, but then I came to a conclusion that any good weatertech style mats will be roughly in the same price category...and if not, they will be made from cheaper materials with questionable fit.
You also have to consider stuff like warantee and how easy it is to return them in case theres a problem.
So in the end, I just bit the bullet and got the weather techs...they are great mats, well worth the price in my opinion.
I and many others consider the Findway mats a better product unless you need or prefer super deep plastic over a more carpet like mat.
Apr 8, 2010
432 posts
129 upvotes
toronto
problem with findway is that they don't have a big selection. no mini Disappointed Face
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2006
7593 posts
1676 upvotes
Brampton
denti72 wrote:
Sep 29th, 2017 8:23 am
problem with findway is that they don't have a big selection. no mini Disappointed Face
I was going to say this as well.
Anyone know if they actually take requests to make new sets. I submitted an inquiry and they haven't replied.