Off Topic Archive

Locked: Web Perspectives surveys - ARGH!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2011 8:47 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
1733 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto

Web Perspectives surveys - ARGH!

Has anyone here, who's a member of Web Perspectives, ever had problems with the site regarding payment?

I don't know what kind of business practices they have there but I am frustrated beyond belief. I did a LONG survey with them that came in three parts, with the total payout $25. It said payment would be "within 3-4 weeks" and it's been well over that period (completed the first survey on July 26, second one on July 31 and last one on August 1).

The email I used for my Paypal payments for all 3 surveys was correct since a) I used Roboform to fill it out and b) I double checked the email before submitting and honestly, even if I DID flub up my Paypal email, it would be a HUGE coincidence if I flubbed it up 3 times for each part of the survey.

So I have emailed this "Jennifer White" (whose email is linked all over the website and survey invitations) four times over the past 2-3 weeks about this matter AND NO RESPONSE WHATSOEVER.

What is with this site? I've gotten payments in the past (which is really like 1 or 2, really) so I won't go all out and call it a "scam" but this is rather shady. Why publicize an email if you won't freaking reply to anyone? Yet I keep getting their surveys.

Anyone else had to deal with Web Perspectives about something like this and can shed insight? Also maybe this story will serve as a fair warning for members of Web Perspectives. It's all fine and good when you're doing your own thing but the minute you hit a snafu, they will ignore all your correspondence.

I'm so sticking with Pinecone after this. Or Surveyspot.
Share:
40 replies
Feb 14, 2004
121 posts
I've personally done a few surveys for Web Perspectives and have gotten paid - takes them a while, but they just send me a cheque in the mail for the studies I do.

You might want to file a complaint with SurveyPolice - http://www.surveypolice.com - they currently have one resolved complaint with Web Perspectives: http://www.surveypolice.com/company/vie ... s=Resolved

Good luck. :)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
6063 posts
1215 upvotes
Yeah I'm still waiting up for about 5-10 dollars of Paypal credit for some surveys over the past month.
Jan 13, 2009
1 posts
Edmonton
I'm in the "never been paid, Jennifer White doesn't answer my emails" category. The Chapters gift certificate that was to be emailed in 4-6 weeks is 3 late in the best case, and another survey that said I would be paid regardless of my suitability failed to even complete (couldn't proceed, back up, or restart the survey).

At this point the existence of their thousands of "prize money" awarded each month is suspect in my book. My recommendation is not to waste your time with this company.

-Paul
Mar 24, 2007
628 posts
11 upvotes
"Jennifer White" used to answer e-mails, but then I've never e-mailed regarding payment. They always have been pretty slow to pay up. It's been quite a while since I qualified for a paying survey with them or got around to completing one, so I can't really comment on the length of time or reliablity of the payment process these days. It's a good thing that I have a real job! :lol:
Jan 19, 2008
159 posts
2 upvotes
has anyone ever won one of thouse monthly draws for 1000?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
6063 posts
1215 upvotes
paulymath wrote:
Jan 14th, 2009 12:57 pm
At this point the existence of their thousands of "prize money" awarded each month is suspect in my book. My recommendation is not to waste your time with this company.

-Paul

My recommendation is to go with the PayPal option. See below:

You just do the survey in the background while you're on MSN/Firefox/whatever.... once you pass the qualifiying questions, there's no time limit for them, so it's easy money.
Nov 18, 2008
12 posts
New Westminster
well it has been a year now that i have been doing web perspectives. i have received several Chapters certificates. the last two did not work. at the end of a year of many surveys i have 500 points. you need 1000 for $10. scam is starting to look like the operative word
Dec 30, 2005
944 posts
15 upvotes
Madchester wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2009 9:19 pm

**edited out huge image

You just do the survey in the background while you're on MSN/Firefox/whatever.... once you pass the qualifiying questions, there's no time limit for them, so it's easy money.
Wow, you do pretty well with this company. I signed up a few years ago and it was pretty good in the beginning. Now I'm just skipping the emails because it was fairly time-wasted for me for awhile. Maybe I'll start doing it again.
Apr 30, 2009
1 posts
Whitby
Madchester wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2009 9:19 pm

*edit out picture*

My paypal account looks about the same as this, until they switched to the new point format. Now when I try to access any survey I get, I get the following statement;

"Thank you very much for your interest in our surveys. Unfortunately you can
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
4978 posts
231 upvotes
Hi guys, was wondering I was about to cashout my 1000 points either for a $10 pp credit or cineplex movie tix.

If you select PP, do you get dinged to receive money as you'd from other pp users? I have personal account but still get chaged .30 cent receiving money.

Appreciate any advise...cheers
Achieva Financial / Tangerine / ZenBanx member
Loving the Zoomer Wireless/Cityfone Mobile Service 2 lines $36 Plan w. double promo (Rogers network)
Nov 21, 2009
2 posts
surrey
i've had difficulty getting ahold of jennifer white it takes her forever BUT you do get paid. i've gotten 2 payments so far from them and about to get my 3rd.
Nov 21, 2009
2 posts
surrey
gramma volpe wrote:
Apr 12th, 2009 12:20 pm
well it has been a year now that i have been doing web perspectives. i have received several Chapters certificates. the last two did not work. at the end of a year of many surveys i have 500 points. you need 1000 for $10. scam is starting to look like the operative word
keep an eye in your spam/junk folder. mine sometimes end up marked as spam even though its in my address book. if your not getting a whole lot of surveys. fudge your profile in order to try and get more that are worth points.
Dec 23, 2009
3 posts
winnipeg, manitoba
I signed up there early last month, been doing surveys in my spare time, so far I have requested 2 separate payments of $10 each. I will post back here if infact they do payout....seems like they have been through some changes in the last while :|
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
3461 posts
278 upvotes
caliente wrote:
Apr 12th, 2009 12:46 pm
I signed up a few years ago and it was pretty good in the beginning. Now I'm just skipping the emails because it was fairly time-wasted for me for awhile./QUOTE]

I've been with Web Perspectives for a few years and found that they always underestimate how long it takes to complete a survey. If they say that it'll be 15 minutes, it'll actually take at least 20 minutes, and this is when I'm trying to fly through the responses.

Imagine an instance where they would pay a $2 GC for a 20 minute survey, that's $6/hr you're making.
× < >