website gouging buyers???????

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2016 1:13 pm
Feb 22, 2004
588 posts
12 upvotes
East York

website gouging buyers???????

I ordered two separate items from this well known in RFD electronics etailers which is based in China. One came in with no problems nor duty charges. The other one had a COD label on it which the etailer is claiming to be duty imposed by customs. I asked the post office rep and got told that thelabel was printed by the sender and in no way that accounts for custom fees because customs will slap a separate sticker on the item detailing the charges. This was also confirmed by Canada Post customer rep when I called them. After numerous emails, all I could get from them is an answer that the buyer is responsible for duties imposed on the item which I am happy to pay for. What I am disputing is why was it a COD label and not a Customs or Revenue Canada label on the box which they havent fully answered. I even asked them straight up if they are collecting duties on behalf of Revenue Canada to which no reply again. But they offered me compensation from day one from points that i could use to buy stuff on their site, like I would buy from them again. It went from points after contacting them the first time and after four days of emailing back and forth, I am at US$5 which will be refunded to my Paypal account. Still nowhere near the C$14 COD amount that post office wants.

I am not sure if I could name the site but feel free to share your thoughts. Good day.
2 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5666 posts
656 upvotes
Toronto
So you don't have the package. And there is a COD on it so the post office won't give you the package until it's paid for. Correct?

Did you look at the package? Who is the label from? Also it could be that they did a COD shipping.
Feb 22, 2004
588 posts
12 upvotes
East York
It was fully paid for thru Paypal so the COD claim is bogus. Nor the claim that it was for duties. The package is still in the post office. Havent claimed it yet because of the dispute which is going nowhere because they havent answered the questions that I am asking. Its always been, sorry for the inconvenience and here is some compensation for all your trouble.

Did thought of refusing delivery but it was trackable and paypal would see that a notice was issued and therefore invalidates the claim of not receiving the package.

Got tired of their useless answer and took the offer. But i will be snooping around on my hunch of them collecting taxes/duties for which they dont even have the legal obligation of forwarding to Revenue Canada.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)