Art and Photography

Wedding photographer no longer responding

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 12:14 pm
Apr 20, 2017
274 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
That’s terrible! Don’t feel bad about calling, emailing, texting them repeatedly until you get a response.
Hope you can get your photos.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1043 posts
25 upvotes
Just wanted to update the thread.

We sent the photographer a email expressing how upset we were, not that we haven't gotten the photos yet but that we were being ignored. We received a response explaining the situation and that our photos would be ready the following day. We received our photos and are extremely happy with the photos.

Although it wasn't the best experience waiting for them, this company did a great job on our wedding day and we love how our photos turned out.

If anyone wants to know the name I will disclose via pm but I won't post it publicly. So you dont end up in our shoes and waiting double the amount of time that was promised.
Last edited by FreeSpinnz on Nov 5th, 2017 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9858 posts
4229 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Congrats, a good ending!

Might be a hard sell referring them though, couples can get great photos in less than 1/2 the time, and you posted a negative experience, no guarantee it won't happen again.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7337 posts
487 upvotes
I'm glad you got your photos. No idea what happened and how they dropped the ball.

In the end great photos are priceless, but customer service also says a lot.

Our friends also had a great photographer but it took her almost 2 years to get her wedding album to the point where she would never recommend her photographer to us when we were getting married lol
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7973 posts
2821 upvotes
Toronto
Happy Ending.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Mar 16, 2011
204 posts
63 upvotes
We've all been in spots where things fall behind. Biggest thing is you got your photos are are happy!! Congrats!
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
3995 posts
476 upvotes
Thornhill
FreeSpinnz wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 9:38 am
Just wanted to update the thread.

We sent the photographer a email expressing how upset we were, not that we haven't gotten the photos yet but that we were being ignored. We received a response explaining the situation and that our photos would be ready the following day. We received our photos and are extremely happy with the photos.

Although it wasn't the best experience waiting for them, this company did a great job on our wedding day and we love how our photos turned out. If anyone wants to know the name I will disclose via pm but I won't post it publicly.
I would NEVER use the company you used. I am not sure what is wrong with you... being happy after being treated like sh$$$it...I guess that's how they continue their business. And then people like you leaving 5-star reviews for scammers such as YOUR company
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
2956 posts
254 upvotes
dazz wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 8:22 pm
I would NEVER use the company you used. I am not sure what is wrong with you... being happy after being treated like sh$$$it...I guess that's how they continue their business. And then people like you leaving 5-star reviews for scammers such as YOUR company
100% agree. There is no excuse for a wedding photographer to simply go MIA. No professional photographer is too busy/too good to simply ignore their clients.
Neil Ta, Epic Wedding Photographer. My Instagram
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1043 posts
25 upvotes
dazz wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 8:22 pm
I guess I know what is wrong with you. Clearly you can not read. Where did I leave a 5 star review? Where did they scam me? I'll reiterate what I had said in my last post. I would disclose the company name via a pm. We got what we wanted, it was our mistake that the timeline for turnaround wasn't in the contract. Again I agree that being left in the dark with no contact is highly unprofessional, no excuse.

So I don't know what is wrong with me, maybe you can figure that out and let me know.
Dec 16, 2015
713 posts
308 upvotes
Canada
Photo editing should be left to AI soon, they’d do a much better job at it.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9858 posts
4229 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Does this company offer referral incentives?

I think people are just taken back a bit that you would refer a company that treated you with unacceptable behavior, the sentiment shared by professionals here.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9858 posts
4229 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Redsanta wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 6:54 am
Photo editing should be left to AI soon, they’d do a much better job at it.
That's under the assumption that editing is correcting files to a single standard when in fact retouchers are all trying to achieve something different representative of their unique style, and customers have their own subjective tastes.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1043 posts
25 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 2:43 pm
Does this company offer referral incentives?

I think people are just taken back a bit that you would refer a company that treated you with unacceptable behavior, the sentiment shared by professionals here.
Never did I say I would refer them to anyone. But I have to re read what I wrote. I was only saying if anyone wants to know the company name they can pm me, it would be up them if they wanted to use them or not after this thread.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9858 posts
4229 upvotes
Southern Ontario
FreeSpinnz wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 8:37 pm
Never did I say I would refer them to anyone. But I have to re read what I wrote. I was only saying if anyone wants to know the company name they can pm me, it would be up them if they wanted to use them or not after this thread.
Sorry, I didn't mean to say "refer" in both sentences. The incentive part was the main question, do they? (it's not in a lawyer's tone lol, honest, you don't have to answer)

However, if you love your photos in one breath, then offer to mention via pm who they are in the next, that by definition is a word-by-mouth referral, whether altruistic, incentive or not.

Basically they ghosted you completely for 6 weeks and you tried three different methods of contacting them. Not even a simple text back, "sorry, still working on it". They almost took double the time they said to complete the job. That's ok? You would let any service do that to you?

If a contractor of any type did that to my family, I would never mention them. But hey, you obviously have your reasons and you got your photos, that's all that counts.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
3083 posts
494 upvotes
Vancouver
You know....

when the OP stated "offer to mention via pm who they are"

the way I took it is that is was an offer to share with other soon to be married couples the name of the company NOT to use. I saw it as an offer to help them AVOID the same mistake the OP made.

I did not view it as a POSITIVE referral but a NEGATIVE one.