• Nov 17th, 2017 11:25 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
3081 posts
491 upvotes
Vancouver
You know....

when the OP stated "offer to mention via pm who they are"

the way I took it is that is was an offer to share with other soon to be married couples the name of the company NOT to use. I saw it as an offer to help them AVOID the same mistake the OP made.

I did not view it as a POSITIVE referral but a NEGATIVE one.

Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
3486 posts
287 upvotes
businesses that do not respond when behind schedule = avoid
Russell wrote:
Sep 10th, 2011 12:29 pm
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1043 posts
25 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 9:43 pm
Sorry, I didn't mean to say "refer" in both sentences. The incentive part was the main question, do they? (it's not in a lawyer's tone lol, honest, you don't have to answer)

However, if you love your photos in one breath, then offer to mention via pm who they are in the next, that by definition is a word-by-mouth referral, whether altruistic, incentive or not.

Basically they ghosted you completely for 6 weeks and you tried three different methods of contacting them. Not even a simple text back, "sorry, still working on it". They almost took double the time they said to complete the job. That's ok? You would let any service do that to you?

If a contractor of any type did that to my family, I would never mention them. But hey, you obviously have your reasons and you got your photos, that's all that counts.

No incentive if refer them, I guess the way I worded my posts was off. I wouldnt refer them, but if someone was in the market on the forums looking to hire someone. They are more than welcome to pm me to get the name, so they dont end up in the same position that we ended up in.
NewsyL wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 12:38 am
You know....

when the OP stated "offer to mention via pm who they are"

the way I took it is that is was an offer to share with other soon to be married couples the name of the company NOT to use. I saw it as an offer to help them AVOID the same mistake the OP made.

I did not view it as a POSITIVE referral but a NEGATIVE one.

Thank you, Although reading back I didnt make a space between saying that we were happy with our photos and saying if anyone wanted the name to pm me. That could be where people are messing up.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
3986 posts
469 upvotes
Thornhill
dazz wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 8:22 pm
I would NEVER use the company you used. I am not sure what is wrong with you... being happy after being treated like sh$$$it...I guess that's how they continue their business. And then people like you leaving 5-star reviews for scammers such as YOUR company
FreeSpinnz wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 11:42 pm
I guess I know what is wrong with you. Clearly you can not read. Where did I leave a 5 star review? Where did they scam me? I'll reiterate what I had said in my last post. I would disclose the company name via a pm. We got what we wanted, it was our mistake that the timeline for turnaround wasn't in the contract. Again I agree that being left in the dark with no contact is highly unprofessional, no excuse.

So I don't know what is wrong with me, maybe you can figure that out and let me know.

Yes, get angry at me because I am the one who gave you shi$t service, ignored you for many weeks, didn't follow with the verbal agreement and then you are now trying to refer them and give other couples who are looking for a wedding photographer their contact info. That makes total sense!!

For others sake, do not refer these so called photographers to any of your friends or anyone. Try to understand what happened to you was not good nor professional and they do not deserve any of your future business.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
3081 posts
491 upvotes
Vancouver
where's the downvote icon....
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9838 posts
4209 upvotes
Southern Ontario
NewsyL wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 1:30 pm
where's the downvote icon....
It got removed a few days ago and only appears for Hot Deals, not sure if you were asking rhetorically lol
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9838 posts
4209 upvotes
Southern Ontario
dazz wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 12:22 pm
Yes, get angry at me because I am the one who gave you shi$t service, ignored you for many weeks, didn't follow with the verbal agreement and then you are now trying to refer them and give other couples who are looking for a wedding photographer their contact info. That makes total sense!!

For others sake, do not refer these so called photographers to any of your friends or anyone. Try to understand what happened to you was not good nor professional and they do not deserve any of your future business.
If NewsyL is correct and the OP is just warning others, you can always pm him and post the company yourself.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25373 posts
2741 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
I want to know what their excuse was. You said they explained the situation. Did they misplace your photos?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1043 posts
25 upvotes
Gee wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 4:12 pm
I want to know what their excuse was. You said they explained the situation. Did they misplace your photos?
Daughter went into hospital.
Dec 21, 2013
594 posts
254 upvotes
GTA
Only on RFD can a poster ask for advice, post an update, and still get flamed by the "community"

Never change RFD
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7366 posts
918 upvotes
Toronto
Lurker here.

Talk about holy doubling back, any reasonable person reading the OP's *original* update post (not the revised one), would assume it was still a +ive review, and definitely NOT a -ive one.

Now, I wouldn't lay down the hammer in quite as many words as dazz but s/he does have a real good pt. Talk about some ppl being total glutton for punishment/having extremely low expectations/standards.

Photographer's behavior=inexcusable, period.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9838 posts
4209 upvotes
Southern Ontario
tranquility922 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 9:07 pm
Lurker here.

Talk about holy doubling back, any reasonable person reading the OP's *original* update post (not the revised one), would assume it was still a +ive review, and definitely NOT a -ive one.

Now, I wouldn't lay down the hammer in quite as many words as dazz but s/he does have a real good pt. Talk about some ppl being total glutton for punishment/having extremely low expectations/standards.

Photographer's behavior=inexcusable, period.
+1 The original quote is in dazz’s post. I’ll give the OP the benefit of doubt, and I understand if the family’s child is ill but as a professional, you still say something, you don’t have to mention exactly what it is. Ignoring a post paid customer for 6 weeks is wrong.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7366 posts
918 upvotes
Toronto
AncasterRFD wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 9:42 pm
...and I understand if the family’s child is ill but as a professional, you still say something, you don’t have to mention exactly what it is. Ignoring a post paid customer for 6 weeks is wrong.
Exactly, they can say 'personal reasons', whatever. OP might've given them even more time if told that supposed reason. Heck, if my parent dropped dead, I'd havta reply to one of OP's 10M voicemails or texts or emails w/ "sorry, OP, my parent dropped dead. will havta delay your pix by 2 weeks. hope you understand." LOL. Totally unprofessional, there's absolute zero reason, maybe if EMPs went off worldwide and we're rendered back to the stone ages. Maybe.... :D
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1043 posts
25 upvotes
dazz wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 12:22 pm

Have you read any of this thread, or just picking and choosing what you read? That's a serious question.

Since you think I'm going to refer this company. I won't respond to any pm about the company and unfortunately if anyone uses them, they run the risk of being stuck in the same position we were in.

This is my last post in the thread. Since there's no point anymore to keep bumping a dead thread.