Fashion & Beauty

Wedding Ring: Mined diamond or Artisan Created diamond (lab created)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2018 8:33 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2015
1571 posts
240 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON

Wedding Ring: Mined diamond or Artisan Created diamond (lab created)

Ive been hearing all over the Radio these days about Spence offering Artisan Created Diamond: https://spencediamonds.com/about-us/artisan-diamonds , which is a fancy name for a Lab Created diamond, vs the ones mined in the ground. I am thinking about for my upcoming wedding annaversary of getting my wifes ring re-done and when it comes to the diamond, I dunno what people think? are Lab Diamonds really not preferred at all? and is the re-sale value that low?
what do y'all think?
Hi
28 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2009
3869 posts
632 upvotes
Aurora
Forget resale value dude, unless you're planning on selling your wife's ring! Also, you'll get a fraction of the value when you go to resell. It's not like diamonds are in short supply.

If you stay away from Spence and you'll already be able to afford a bigger diamond. Spence is a ripoff, there are many online retailers where you can get quality diamonds for a lot less.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1525 posts
547 upvotes
Tokyo
Diamonds, in general, hold no value. Unless your wife is set on diamonds, I would suggest something entirely different.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2015
1571 posts
240 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
thanks but none of those are answers to my question?
Hi
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4627 posts
272 upvotes
Toronto
People seriously still buy diamonds? I thought the brainwashing would have worn off by now...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2015
1571 posts
240 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
no the brain washing is still pleantyfull. now what do u suggest? mined or artisan diamond?
Hi
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2589 posts
718 upvotes
Newmarket
Artisan created diamonds is a fancy name for fake diamonds.
I would suggest cubic zirconia, much cheaper.

How about buying a resale diamond?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7343 posts
1295 upvotes
Yeah, even real diamond has no resale value so may be look into that like others have said.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2015
1571 posts
240 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
no ones said anything valuable yet, I've asked A (mined) or B (artisan), and everyone's been giving C or D as an answer. that does not answer my question unfortunately, so I'm back at Circle One
Hi
Jun 11, 2006
142 posts
113 upvotes
I think you should ask your wife what she prefers :)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2015
1571 posts
240 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
she does not know she is doing her research and I am doing mine, all I want is some ADVICE.
Hi
Jun 11, 2006
142 posts
113 upvotes
GoodFellaz wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 9:47 am
she does not know she is doing her research and I am doing mine, all I want is some ADVICE.
Well the reason I suggested asking your wife is that some women will have a preference. I (female) am not that sentimental so I probably wouldn't mind a lab diamond. Some women will definitely mind. From what I understand, lab diamonds are chemically the same as a mined diamond.

I don't know much about resale but I would guess they (lab) have almost zero resale value. I think mined diamonds probably have better resale value, but I think they will never get their assessed value. Personally I don't think I would want a resale diamond, mined or lab created.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2015
1571 posts
240 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
resale does not matter, we are not selling it or ponning it off, we are making her a ring, thats all, so ok i will take your advice and go with artisan lab created diamonds from spence diamonds
Hi
Jun 4, 2013
17 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver
If she doesn't care and she just wants to show off to her friends then maybe a lab one. Since you won't be reselling it.
My gf said the same thing she only cares about getting a bigger diamond but she doesn't know anything about it. So lab diamonds would work just fine for her. Cheaper and she can get a bigger one for a same thing.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2015
1571 posts
240 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
nice
thanks for the reply. this is the kind of response i was hoping for and you did it :) props to you
Hi

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)