• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2017 2:34 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 14, 2007
654 posts
122 upvotes

Wedding Venues

I'm starting to do research for my wedding. Does anybody have recommendations for venues to accommodate 100 or fewer people that's nice without breaking the bank?

Maybe another way to ask is, where did you do your wedding and why did you end up picking that particular one out of the hundreds available across the GTA, and would you still recommend it? TIA
10 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
3823 posts
534 upvotes
Richmond Hill
stryder1587 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 11:26 am
I'm starting to do research for my wedding. Does anybody have recommendations for venues to accommodate 100 or fewer people that's nice without breaking the bank?

Maybe another way to ask is, where did you do your wedding and why did you end up picking that particular one out of the hundreds available across the GTA, and would you still recommend it? TIA
Weddings inherently will most likely break the bank.

Best bet is to do off season (if $ is #1 priority). Vendors are most likely to give big discounts, and more room to bargain.

That said, we had ours 3 yrs ago, in January. Sunny, -5, and 1 inch of snow. Perfect for outdoor pics, and wasn't brutally cold.

Venue was at Le Jardin (one of the higher end venues around the GTA IMO), asian caterer for food. It was great for us, would recommend.

In season cost would've been around 50k, but since it was off season, it was slightly under 30k.

Such a good deal (as in RFD fashion).

Congrats btw!
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
4523 posts
246 upvotes
I had 58 people and held a ceremony and luncheon at Auberge du Pommier. We opted for a restaurant buyout, but for the food/drinks/service we got, we felt we got a good value from it.
Oct 22, 2017
19 posts
2 upvotes
Canada
The Glenerin Inn and Spa is a unique getaway spot located just outside the busy city. Their outdoor space is the perfect urban oasis for an intimate ceremony and completely private!
Aug 16, 2009
703 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
Check out Golf & Country clubs. We did ours at one and it was nice with the different backdrop (vs a venue with 4 walls and no window).
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
13639 posts
1202 upvotes
Toronto
Just attended a wedding at the Granite Brewery in Toronto. Food, drinks, Dj and ceremony.
"Deal of the Day" addict
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7340 posts
488 upvotes
Had ours this year at JUMP downtown. Excellent service and food and was CHEAP for what you get downtown.

Service was impeccable - everyone raved about it. When we had our tasting we were disappointed but the chef made EVERY suggestion and brought us back for another free tasting and it was fantastic! They were very open to all suggestions!

They set up everything except for florals.

We had 88 guests total and paid the venue under $14k (taxes, tips all in) for a four course meal, 3 canapes each, all drinks that we wanted offered (no hard liquor but you can offer that) , ceremony, set up, menus etc. Minimum spend was $7k for the entire restaurant (Sunday long weekend). For everything they did for us, I don;t know how they made money from us.

You add your own decor (you won't need much since it's a beautiful restaurant).

The rest is on you, we brought in our own desserts at night (cheaper than restaurant), flowers (minimal), DJ etc etc.

In total we spent $23k for everything and we had it on Victoria Day (Sunday) long weekend.

Parking for guests was $2 underground direct access! Pretty good for downtown.

Oh and in true RFD fashion we paid using AMEX on multiple cards to maximize the points and spending minimums ($5k, $5k, $3k and $3k) so we got a ton of points. The venue even encouraged us!

Responses were pretty prompt and they were always nice and friendly. They basically wanted your wedding to run as smoothly as possible.
Last edited by speedyforme on Nov 10th, 2017 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7340 posts
488 upvotes
avrilcc wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 2:19 pm
The Glenerin Inn and Spa is a unique getaway spot located just outside the busy city. Their outdoor space is the perfect urban oasis for an intimate ceremony and completely private!
It's beautiful but a few things, my brother had his wedding there and 3 things stood out to us which was negative:
1) too many separate spaces
2) food is terrible and service was so-so
3) reception room looks beautiful, bright but in photos, it looks pretty bad, plain and boring since the background is all white white white with oddly located emergency signs and other bright coloured stuff you don't want and it was quite cramped
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
15854 posts
4734 upvotes
Ottawa
Stressful time indeed.
I had 350+ guests at my wedding ("+" were those that did not RSVP).
My suggestion would be to rent a hall and decorations and bring in your own catering etc...
Aug 31, 2014
23 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sunday of a long weekend worked out for us, but not every venue honor Sunday discounts for long weekends.

We had ours at Ancaster Mill - venue and food was amazing, planning
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2008
9571 posts
1244 upvotes
Toronto
I had mine at Estate of Sunny Brook but in the larger room. There are small rooms in the back, but likely on the pricier side. Depends on how much people drink. A la carte menu really isn't too bad.