Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 30, 2010
11 posts
5 upvotes

Weeds between interlock driveway

Hello,
Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to get rid of weeds in an interlock driveway? I have tried pulling them out by hand (nearly impossible to get the root and very time consuming and discouraging as they come back), weed-b-gone (spent tons of money and it doesn't work) vinegar, Scotts path clear and a trimmer/weed whacker (which just trims the surface). I am going crazy. Our driveway looks terrible and I have spent a lot of time and effort on it. Does anyone have any brilliant ideas that worked for them?
Thanks!
6 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1437 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto
Havent tried this myself but if you have a small torch, burning them might work v

Cheers
RFD priceless!
Sep 19, 2007
498 posts
67 upvotes
What about some Borax, kills ants too :)

"Borax: Get the jump on those weeds that grow in the cracks of the concrete outside your house by sprinkling borax into all the crevices where you’ve seen weeds grow in the past. It will kill them off before they have a chance to take root. When applied around the foundation of your home, it will also keep ants and other six-legged intruders from entering your house. But be very careful when applying borax — it is toxic to plants."
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2007
3004 posts
143 upvotes
Ottawa
Boiling water or Round-up (way more potent than Path Clear) should get the majority of them. Round-up has the advantage of discouraging future weeds - at least for a while. A quality polymeric sand between your stones will help inhibit weeds going forward.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2007
4502 posts
611 upvotes
Salt - sterilizes the soil - nothing will ever grow again.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
2968 posts
75 upvotes
pressure was them out works....but then you have to put sand down again......I would try the vinegar...with this heatwave it might work in finally killing them.

boiling water may work.
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
11430 posts
2106 upvotes
Toronto
Power wash the soil out of the gaps and then apply polymeric sand.
× < >