• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2018 3:36 pm
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10173 posts
8297 upvotes
Toronto

Weighted Blankets

Has anyone here used/purchased a weighted/therapy blanket?

Just read an article on therapy blankets, and am somewhat curious.

I do have problems sleeping, so am interested in trying one.
Not sure if it would help, and they sure are expensive.

Would appreciate input, if anyone has some to share.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
2 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
2004 posts
1181 upvotes
London
I have not used one. I too was intrigued but dissuaded by the cost. I heard about them a year ago. My wife and I have this thing where she likes one thin cotton sheet and I want a pile of heavy ones, which tends to work out okay since she just flips all of hers over on top of me....and then I get hot and it just becomes a mess (sometimes a hot mess haha...but I digress).

I have seen a few on kickstarter but have always past on them with the concern of how hot they get and how you clean them. I even looked up about making my own. Some people use fishing weights or ball bearings. But I am not so good with a sewing machine.

I always find it soothing when the dentisit puts that lead apron on me before taking x-rays. I have always liked that.

If anything helps me sleep, it is magnesium.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
3285 posts
1276 upvotes
Our 11 year old daughter has one, and loves it. She has sleep stress and find this quite soothing. Many adults seem to be trying these as well, but bigger sizes of course