Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2732 posts
599 upvotes
Mississauga

Weird cat behaviour.

So one of my cats, 7mth old female, is terrified of the the TV in the living room. Any time I watch TV she will not cross into the living room. Just stays in the hallway facing away from the TV. If the TV picture is off she will sometimes venture into the living room but only when I am in there. Any idea how to convince her that the TV is not going to take her away?
7 replies
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10923 posts
1493 upvotes
Do you have an older or lower tier TV? For cats, 60Hz (frame rate) TVs are like strobe lights. 120Hz TVs, the picture looks normal to them. Or it could be the sound is so loud that it is frightening your cat?
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
1466 posts
516 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Might be the cat. They'll get used to it eventually. Both our cats used to be terrified of kitchen noises for weeks after we first got them but now they know there's a chance of food.

Don't think it's the T.V. otherwise cats would have been terrified of the old tube TVs (30 Hz)? Our cats have never been afraid of our older LCD TV (60 Hz).

I am running 7.2 sound and occasionally, something (inaudible to us) will make them look around.
Almost too cheap to shop through RFD
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19006 posts
4113 upvotes
Thornhill
I can't play NHL19 anymore because my cats start swatting the tv. It was cute until they jumped on top of the wall mounted tv
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19006 posts
4113 upvotes
Thornhill
UrbanPoet wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 5:46 pm
Its just a dumb cat thing.
My cat... is afraid of plastic bags. They freak her out!
She also acts like a dog. Whenever we come home.. she runs to the door to greet us.
I got mines to greet me at the door when I get home by always having treats in my lunch bag Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
2602 posts
473 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 5:46 pm
Its just a dumb cat thing.
My cat... is afraid of plastic bags. They freak her out!
same with mines! She's afraid of the noise the plastic bags make.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
7983 posts
1155 upvotes
Toronto
Cats are not only the object of superstition, but looks like they themselves may be superstitious.:)