• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2018 1:28 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
2072 posts
614 upvotes

Weird Comparison - 2015 Odyssey EX-L vs 2015 RDX

Certainly not apples to apples, but they are around the same price in the used market (in fact the RDXs have lower asking prices).
Just curious if anyone has cross shopped these two vehicles, and if so, what is your opinion on ride comfort and road noise.

I love the big open space in the front seats of the Odyssey and all the storage spaces, plus those individual arm rests on the front chairs. However with the RDX being an Acura I wonder if it will have an edge on sound proofing and ride quality.

Any current RDX/ Odyssey owners feel free to share your owner experience as well.

Thanks in advance.
6 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
11810 posts
5334 upvotes
Toronto
Do you or don’t you need the extra space?

I have a 2017 RDX elite, my sister in law has an Odyssey Touring.

The RDX is far better to drive, I’d say materials and fit and finish are similar if not the same
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
2072 posts
614 upvotes
Swerny wrote:
Nov 17th, 2018 7:43 am
Do you or don’t you need the extra space?

I have a 2017 RDX elite, my sister in law has an Odyssey Touring.

The RDX is far better to drive, I’d say materials and fit and finish are similar if not the same
Frankly i dont NEED it, but i would certainly appreciate it. I love that foldable cup holder/tray in between the front seats, plus those storage bins in the center console. The grocery bag hook on the passenget side is
A brilliant feature. And the fact that the sliders are powered really appeals to me.

Would you be able to comment on the road noise and the effectiveness on the ANC on your RDX? A search on the internet comes up with mixed reviews. My commute consists of about 40mins on the highway each way so im more concerned about road noise and comfort more than handling.
Jan 12, 2008
809 posts
339 upvotes
TDot
malecoke wrote:
Nov 17th, 2018 8:10 am
Would you be able to comment on the road noise and the effectiveness on the ANC on your RDX? A search on the internet comes up with mixed reviews. My commute consists of about 40mins on the highway each way so im more concerned about road noise and comfort more than handling.
I don't think you will have any issue with road noise and comfort with the RDX. I'd pick the RDX in your case because of the ease of parking. It's suprisingly quick too, feels as fast as my G37 lol.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2015
1061 posts
415 upvotes
York Region
The 2016 RDX nicer due to the redesign and yeah, it is pretty fast
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
12753 posts
9129 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Pretty fast compared to a corolla. These are not even quick. That said. van for being useful, CUV if you're insecure.
May 17, 2017
291 posts
187 upvotes
Waterloo
malecoke wrote:
Nov 17th, 2018 8:10 am
Daily'd my aunt's '15 RDX for a couple months, I'd rather go with the Odyssey.

The RDX's soundproofing (esp at higher highway speeds) and ride quality were quite bad.

It managed to have loud wind noise, numb steering, crazy amount of body roll, yet harsh over bumps at the same time.

+ with VCM, it doesn't feel that strong at low throttle initial tip in at highway speeds.