Weird Condo noise

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 9th, 2018 4:11 pm
Tags:
Feb 25, 2018
567 posts
215 upvotes

Weird Condo noise

Every night starting about 9pm and continuing on all night to about 5-6am someone is play their stereo, what seems like the same music. It is very faint, you can only notice when you are laying down but it is getting annoying. Sometimes it is bit louder and bassy. I have tried to find the source but from what i can tell it is none of my neighbors. I put my ear to the floor and nothing below, same with the walls. I went down to the floor below and listen i could hear the bass sound but could not figure out which apartment it is coming from. If i can figure out which unit then i can make a complaint. It is other wise a nice building only 4 years old and very quiet. The views are fantastic. I am only renting but considering the unit next store is listed for a cool million (but a 2 bedroom instead of my 1) i feel like i am getting a deal.

I think this person must be on meth because it is not normal to stay up all night every night listening to music. Either that or cover for a prostitution biz - there are lot of eastern European women around dressed to the hilt. Do you think the condo board can do something about it? Maybe the sound is reverberating from a few floors below. Fortunately I have had some luck by moving my bed around and sleeping right up against the window. It is effecting my sleep. I feel like a bit of mad man wondering around in the middle of night listen to peoples doors...it is as if someone is playing a sort of cruel joke on me.
17 replies
Jun 3, 2017
189 posts
147 upvotes
DaveVentura wrote: it is not normal to stay up all night every night listening to music.
You clearly never met a software dev.
DaveVentura wrote: there are lot of eastern European women around dressed to the hilt
That's racist.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 3, 2011
6517 posts
3798 upvotes
Thornhill
DaveVentura wrote: ... It is very faint, you can only notice when you are laying down but it is getting annoying. Sometimes it is bit louder and bassy...

I have tried to find the source but from what i can tell it is none of my neighbors. I put my ear to the floor and nothing below, same with the walls. I went down to the floor below and listen i could hear the bass sound but could not figure out which apartment it is coming from. If i can figure out which unit then i can make a complaint....
It is faint and not loud enough for you to find the source so even if you do find the source you're likely to get nowhere with a complaint since it is faint.

Some people do have shifts or purely evening jobs. It stands to reason they'd be awaken doing all the things you do when you're awake.
Feb 25, 2018
567 posts
215 upvotes
licenced wrote: It is faint and not loud enough for you to find the source so even if you do find the source you're likely to get nowhere with a complaint since it is faint.

Some people do have shifts or purely evening jobs. It stands to reason they'd be awaken doing all the things you do when you're awake.
But it's every night. When do they go to work? Also it is continuous. If i can figure out where it is originating then i can talk to some of the other neighbors. If is bothering me it must be bothering them too.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 3, 2011
6517 posts
3798 upvotes
Thornhill
DaveVentura wrote: But it's every night. When do they go to work? Also it is continuous. If i can figure out where it is originating then i can talk to some of the other neighbors. If is bothering me it must be bothering them too.
Go to the management office and ask if they've had any other complaints. If they have then yours would be appreciated for trying to resolve it.
Jan 14, 2010
800 posts
307 upvotes
white noise machine is your friend. I used to hear noises in my room all the time. BY placing a rug, heavy curtains solved the problem.
Sep 23, 2017
97 posts
52 upvotes
I experienced same thing when we used to live in a stacked town home with very poor sound insulation. Turned out that neighbor used to fall asleep when watching a dvd and at the end it would revert to the menu screen with looping repetitive music, and pretty much play all night long.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4807 posts
1801 upvotes
Maybe the guy is trying to burn in his speakers. Also works night or shift and only time he can. Enjoy msuic.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2017
1261 posts
1393 upvotes
I think its luckyinfil searching for homes that sold in April 2017 that didn't close.

OUCH!
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
4527 posts
4056 upvotes
NotRobot wrote: I think its luckyinfil searching for homes that sold in April 2017 that didn't close.

OUCH!
lol

Just buy a pair of earplugs.
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10977 posts
14468 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Sounds like you are miffed because u didn't get an invite...
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
21738 posts
21353 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
Welcome to urban, vertical living Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1768 posts
2593 upvotes
Freaking neighbors man. thats why I bought a detached house. Any noise i hear is coming from my house.
I dont get why people cram themselves in huge condo buildings. I lived many years in apartments and it would drive me insane.
Dec 17, 2009
255 posts
180 upvotes
fabricatordog wrote: I experienced same thing when we used to live in a stacked town home with very poor sound insulation. Turned out that neighbor used to fall asleep when watching a dvd and at the end it would revert to the menu screen with looping repetitive music, and pretty much play all night long.
This is actually pretty likely. I have an ex who can only fall asleep to a playing DVD every night, because he is afraid of ghosts lol, and the DVD will end and just go back to the main menu repeating the same music over and over again until he wakes up and turns it off.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
3606 posts
2409 upvotes
Mississauga
It's all part and parcel of living in a shared building. If you can hear their music and find it irritating, I am sure there must be few other residents who feel equally irritated by the sound coming from your unit as well. Will you stop your daily routine if they made a complaint? I think it is reasonable to accept and live with some amount of sound/noise in a shared living space 24/7.
Feb 21, 2010
886 posts
263 upvotes
Scarborough
reminds me of my college days. My roommate was so pissed off at our neighbor that he use to play hard core p#$n on high volume every day when we would be away from the apartment. We finally got a notice/ complaint from the building mgmt after like 6 weeks and my friend stopped doing it. I just messaged him about this thread on RFD and made him laugh.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15618 posts
13276 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Get a Air Filter machine, cleans your air and filters out outside noise....win win!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2005
10111 posts
1966 upvotes
Toronto
You could complain and security to actively look

But in the end If you cannot find the source, not much managemt can do

Earplugs

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)