• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2018 1:32 pm
[OP]
Dec 29, 2012
508 posts
91 upvotes
Scarborough

Weird courier pickups spots

So now UPS (Costco order) sent my package to a tiny convenience store at Midland/McNicoll to pickup, and Fedex (Under Armour) sent my package to some tiny PC place on Sheppard E. These little places are busy with their own business, don't know the process, and give you 5 business days to pick up. Why can't they just use their normal depots - at least they understand what to do, are reasonably clean. Are these couriers planning to close down their depots in the future? I sometimes order quite expensive clothing online and worry that the items are dumped at the back of the stores with all types of groceries, produce and yuk, possible rats and bugs ... in the depots there are packages only.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
2582 posts
495 upvotes
Ottawa
These stores sign up to be be UPS / FedEx receiving locations, and I believe they are paid a small fee or something by the couriers.
Dec 18, 2017
206 posts
68 upvotes
Catch 22. How many times do we read on here "They made me come pick up my package at their depot which is way over in that industrial area a half hour from my house". I know the UPS Store I pick stuff up at is a lot closer to my house than the UPS depot is. And although I think the variety store a mile away that Canpar leaves stuff at is pretty sketch looking, it's a lot more convenient than the Canpar depot is. And usually those stores have better opening hours than the depot will, especially later in the evening or on weekends.
Jan 3, 2008
824 posts
155 upvotes
W.GTA
Sure, the rats will love to try on your expensive clothing
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
1759 posts
552 upvotes
B.C.
I haven't had any issues with these places. I've had packages dropped at a local dry cleaner, two convenience stores, and a Japan Camera location.

It's a bit weird at first but once you go in to these places and see the wall of packages it's no big deal.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)