Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
2391 posts
675 upvotes
Windsor

Weird Nest Issue

So, I've had a Nest-E for maybe a year now, and while I'm generally pretty disappointed with it's "learning" capabilities, and that the backing somehow failed, it is fine now.

Recently, I have been feeling "cold" in my house; thought it was just me, but the GF said the same. So, I bought a normal thermometer and, sure enough, the Nest was off by 4°F (when I got it originally, it matched my existing Honeywell "dumb" wifi thermostat). So, instead of looking for an offset, I just set the thermostat 4°F higher.

Today, my power went out for about 5 minutes, and when the power came back up (the Nest never rebooted, it was running on its internal battery), sure enough it started reporting the temperature correctly again (matching the thermometer). So, I went back into the settings and changed my schedules back to 72°F.

Is this a normal thing? I think this might be the last straw with this thermostat; pretty crazy feature to not be able to read its internal temperature correctly.
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.
1 reply
May 1, 2007
244 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
Just call tech support and have them send a replacement. No need to "this is the last straw". Just replace it.