• Feb 17th, 2016 5:01 am
Tags:
None
May 17, 2003
7063 posts
1478 upvotes

Welcome to the New Coupons Forum... Info & Rules

Hey everyone,

On a trial basis, we're testing out a new coupon forum. Those of you who have been here a number of years may remember we've had one in the past, but that it often created an undesirable experience when content was sometimes shuffled between the hot deals forum and the coupon forum.

This time around, we're not looking to modify the existing hot deals discussion in any way. We're seeing if a coupon forum can grow to be a more comprehensive listing of coupons in general. There are a lot of coupons out there that don't make it to the hot deals forum, and we think it's worth exploring if we can build a good community resource. If a coupon posted in the coupon forum turns out to be really good and gets "reposted" in the hot deals thread, we don't view that as a problem.

Rules for the coupon forum:

1. Post only legitimate coupons. Coupons that have Photoshopped or manipulated in some way are not permitted
2. No referrals, no affiliate links, no redirects, no cookie stuffing
3. Group Deals do not belong in the coupon forum.
4. As an experiment, we are allowing retailers to post coupons directly, but only in this forum. We'll be keeping a close eye on things as we're not about to open the doors for spam.
5. No spamming –- we may merge coupon posts if there are excessive coupons from the same company
6. Coupon images are not hosted by RedFlagDeals.com -- images must be hosted externally.
7. No thread hijacking or threadcrapping
8. Do not start threads requesting coupons.
9. Our broader forum rules apply -- no profanity, personal attacks, etc.

When posting coupons, try to include pertinent details
  • What store/retailer/manufacturer is offering the coupon
  • What are the coupon details (25% off, Buy 1 Get 1 Free etc)
  • Are there restrictions? Does the coupon not work on sale items, only on x categories?)
  • Is the coupon online or in-store? Is it a printable coupon?
  • When does the coupon expire?
The thread title should include, at the very least, the store/retailer/manfacturer and coupon details.
9 replies
Apr 26, 2009
127 posts
47 upvotes
How do I share a coupon I have in pdf. format? thx
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2012
2002 posts
1509 upvotes
UntdProvncsOfCanada
Milli3 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2012 8:31 pm
How do I share a coupon I have in pdf. format? thx

you'll have to upload it and share a link to download the PDF file.
Heres a site that allows you to easily upload and share:
http://www.scribd.com/upload-document (click on 'X' when the popup requests you to login or signup' , it will still allow you to upload/share)
May 17, 2007
3633 posts
746 upvotes
Burnaby
rosewoodn wrote:
Dec 17th, 2012 8:27 pm
I want to know how to share a coupon of a online store?
Right click the image of the page you're looking at. Copy the line that says "view image info>". Then paste into your post. Or you can make a tinypic of if it.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2012
2002 posts
1509 upvotes
UntdProvncsOfCanada
Heres a good site to post images:
http://snag.gy/

simpy take a screenshot on your computer and paste in the web browser.
Once it is pasted, you can edit the image by cropping it down or resizing it.
After its saved. right click on the image, and capture the url of the image itself and paste in our RFD post.
Banned
Sep 19, 2015
29 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
any one in the forum can share a coupon, is it right?
× < >