Site Comments & Suggestions

Welcome to the new RFD forums! Post your questions and feedback here.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2017 6:08 pm
Penalty Box
Aug 23, 2006
2776 posts
170 upvotes
AJAX error

Something went wrong when processing your request.
what the heck is this. just a moment before I received this.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Penalty Box
Aug 23, 2006
2776 posts
170 upvotes
what the heck is this? Post are not approved. Not single yet and all these type of errors?

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction [1213]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Penalty Box
Aug 23, 2006
2776 posts
170 upvotes
Clicking on this thread Citizenship and Immigration Canada Website Crashed
At the last post by rjones416 Nov 9th, 2016 12:59 am
But it takes to this thread
clinton-v-trump-rip-america-2045798/173/#p27010892
something is messed up.
Penalty Box
Aug 23, 2006
2776 posts
170 upvotes
AJAX error

Gateway Time-out
what the heck? at 2:47pm
Penalty Box
Aug 23, 2006
2776 posts
170 upvotes
AJAX error

Gateway Time-out
what the heck? at 2:47pm
Penalty Box
Aug 23, 2006
2776 posts
170 upvotes
And now this at 2:51pm

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction [1213]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: support@redflagdeals.com
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8364 posts
12707 upvotes
Scarborough
Those are likely caused by a temporary server issue but in most cases go away within a few minutes. If it lasts longer than that please let us know.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
3803 upvotes
BC
TomRFD wrote:
Nov 11th, 2016 4:35 pm
Those are likely caused by a temporary server issue but in most cases go away within a few minutes. If it lasts longer than that please let us know.
.. Yep, see. I can magically insert messages up here
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
13436 posts
1111 upvotes
Toronto
When I quote a post in hot deals and reply, that reply fits into the post (underneath the original post) and not as a new post - in mobile version.

Technically, it's probably shown as a new post (and possibly when i refresh), but when I quote and reply, it gets mixed up.
"Deal of the Day" addict
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
3803 upvotes
BC
DaVibe wrote:
Nov 12th, 2016 6:09 pm
When I quote a post in hot deals and reply, that reply fits into the post (underneath the original post) and not as a new post - in mobile version.

Technically, it's probably shown as a new post (and possibly when i refresh), but when I quote and reply, it gets mixed up.
Same thing happening to me. Quoting causes my reply to get the same date/time as the post I quote, so this one will probably have the same timestamp as the one above even though it is an hour and 10 minutes later.

e.g. Also See marginally inserted message 2 posts up.
Last edited by ace604 on Nov 12th, 2016 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
3803 upvotes
BC
Hellloooo RFD.

This bug is horrible. Replying and quoting someone several pages back in a thread inserts the post several pages back. Not only that but it can break the super-fragile specific-post links by shifting what page other posts are on after the fact.

This site is getting worse and worse.

Up/downvote notifications. Links to post don't work.
Links to specific posts after page 1 don't work.
My replies with quotes go back and insert on the original page - LOL.
Subscriptions list on mobile portrait view are ALL bold. Regardless if read or unread.

FIX SOMETHING.
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13287 posts
3266 upvotes
Toronto
ace604 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2016 1:16 pm
Hellloooo RFD.

This bug is horrible. Replying and quoting someone several pages back in a thread inserts the post several pages back. Not only that but it can break the super-fragile specific-post links by shifting what page other posts are on after the fact.
I noticed this for the first time either yesterday or today
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8364 posts
12707 upvotes
Scarborough
ace604 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2016 1:16 pm
We're looking into it now. It's a high priority fix. wrong-time-when-i-quoted-someone-just-now-2054087/

Up/downvote notifications. Links to post don't work.
Works fine for me. What happens when you click those links? Maybe the solution below might also resolve this problem for you.

Links to specific posts after page 1 don't work.
Try this and see if it fixes the problem.

Subscriptions list on mobile portrait view are ALL bold. Regardless if read or unread. We fixed this last Thursday.
I responded in bold above.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
3803 upvotes
BC
TomRFD wrote:
Nov 14th, 2016 10:07 am
I responded in bold above.
I get the same problem on iOS (not Chrome).

It takes me to page one with the /#p<postid> bookmark tag at the end but if the post isn't on page 1 it doesn't work.

If there is only 2 or 3 pages to the thread I can manually add the /2/ or /3/ page ID to the URL to try to find the up/downvoted post but otherwise it's useless if there are hundreds of pages and the post isn't on the first or last page but some random page in the middle.