Site Comments & Suggestions

Welcome to the new RFD forums! Post your questions and feedback here.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2017 6:08 pm
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
3814 upvotes
BC
ace604 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2016 10:07 am
I get the same problem on iOS (not Chrome).

It takes me to page one with the /#p<postid> bookmark tag at the end but if the post isn't on page 1 it doesn't work.

If there is only 2 or 3 pages to the thread I can manually add the /2/ or /3/ page ID to the URL to try to find the up/downvoted post but otherwise it's useless if there are hundreds of pages and the post isn't on the first or last page but some random page in the middle.
Links to posts in notifications list are different format for up/downvote notifications versus reply or quoted notifications. The ones with "viewtopic" URL seem to work fine, while the ones in above format do not.

Also today on chrome my posts that quoted people were time stamped fine, while iOS posts are still posting with same timestamp as quoted post.

This post is from iOS 16 hours after my post above and yet it shares he same timestamp.
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Dec 6, 2015
73 posts
4 upvotes
London
how do you delete your account completely?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
7552 posts
1171 upvotes
Ontario
Not sure if this has been posted before, just a minor issue to report.
EDIT: I should have looked up 2 POSTS BEFORE MINE! lol

When in notifications, where you can see replies, upvotes, etc, when you click on the UPVOTE link to see what post was upvoted, it always goes to the first page of that thread.

Thanks
Dec 31, 2015
10 posts
1 upvote
North York, ON
How to save favorites in RFD's Android app?

Hi, can anyone tell me how to save favorites on the Android app? Maybe it's just me but I don't see the little heart to press to save favorites, or any other way to save favorites. What am I missing??? Thanks
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
2968 posts
2133 upvotes
Burnaby
Ubersmooth1 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2016 2:04 pm
How to save favorites in RFD's Android app?

Hi, can anyone tell me how to save favorites on the Android app? Maybe it's just me but I don't see the little heart to press to save favorites, or any other way to save favorites. What am I missing??? Thanks
Check on the sticky thread dealing with the RFD beta App for Android: forums-app-android-beta-live-2044211/
Jan 19, 2006
328 posts
123 upvotes
BC
Ever since the big "update" RFD forums has become sooooo broken. But why?? Was it a need to update its look (it is SO whitewashed now)? Was database server corruption? Was it a poor business decision? Did the mods break it?

It used to be a beautiful repository of information and now much of the time I need to use a Google search to look at its "cached" version because it is gone from RFD. I really miss the old RFD forums.

Is there a similar forum that I might migrate to that is not broken and that I can confidently trust to have lasting information to be there when I need it?

I'm sad and confused....
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13626 posts
3406 upvotes
Toronto
Why is there no popup when new messages are received like there used to be, i've sent messages that were not viewed months later.
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Dec 31, 2015
10 posts
1 upvote
North York, ON
Thanks for the response. I should have been more clear. What I really wanted was a way to specifically save and favorite a forum thread. For example, the ones in the hot deals forum, is there a way to save certain ones as a favorite? It's tedious to have to go back through pages looking for a certain thread, or having to use the search function to try and find it always.
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
20459 posts
3157 upvotes
Waterloo
Ubersmooth1 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2016 3:39 am
Thanks for the response. I should have been more clear. What I really wanted was a way to specifically save and favorite a forum thread. For example, the ones in the hot deals forum, is there a way to save certain ones as a favorite? It's tedious to have to go back through pages looking for a certain thread, or having to use the search function to try and find it always.
Subscribe the thread without notification?
that way you can go back and find it quicker under your Subscriptions page at least, at ucp.php?i=ucp_main&mode=subscribed
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 25K
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8561 posts
12915 upvotes
Scarborough
cloudsuck wrote:
Dec 5th, 2016 10:16 pm
Ever since the big "update" RFD forums has become sooooo broken. But why?? Was it a need to update its look (it is SO whitewashed now)? Was database server corruption? Was it a poor business decision? Did the mods break it?

It used to be a beautiful repository of information and now much of the time I need to use a Google search to look at its "cached" version because it is gone from RFD. I really miss the old RFD forums.

Is there a similar forum that I might migrate to that is not broken and that I can confidently trust to have lasting information to be there when I need it?

I'm sad and confused....
What exactly is broken in your opinion? Every thread and post was migrated over so I'm not sure why you need to look at a cached version.
Quentin5 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2016 9:22 pm
Why is there no popup when new messages are received like there used to be, i've sent messages that were not viewed months later.
Very few people liked the popup. You can set it to email you which is another way to be notified about a PM. We're looking into adding notifications for our forums app for private messages in the future which will be another way to know when you have a PM.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
13694 posts
1225 upvotes
Toronto
Checked the site on mobile, visited a thread I created.
I'm not on desktop and I have notifications showing me posts in my thread. Click on the exact notification, and it brings me to the post I've already seen (and actually responded to).

Are all the versions of the site not linked (any longer, because I'm sure they were)? That's kind of disappointing, maybe it's an error?
"Deal of the Day" addict
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
13694 posts
1225 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote:
Dec 7th, 2016 10:49 am
What exactly is broken in your opinion? Every thread and post was migrated over so I'm not sure why you need to look at a cached version.

Very few people liked the popup. You can set it to email you which is another way to be notified about a PM. We're looking into adding notifications for our forums app for private messages in the future which will be another way to know when you have a PM.
That's a great idea because mobile users using the app very much like (and are use to) pop up / push notifications / what have you ... so I could see it being very useful there, where as on a desktop, it's annoying.
"Deal of the Day" addict
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13626 posts
3406 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote:
Dec 7th, 2016 10:49 am
I have to admit i didn't like it either, but it worked.
As long as something is done to replace it that would be helpful, not knowing you have a message or missing it for days or months makes the PM system pretty difficult to use
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8561 posts
12915 upvotes
Scarborough
DaVibe wrote:
Dec 7th, 2016 11:47 am
Checked the site on mobile, visited a thread I created.
I'm not on desktop and I have notifications showing me posts in my thread. Click on the exact notification, and it brings me to the post I've already seen (and actually responded to).

Are all the versions of the site not linked (any longer, because I'm sure they were)? That's kind of disappointing, maybe it's an error?
Was it a notification of a single post or multiple posts?
DaVibe wrote:
Dec 7th, 2016 11:55 am

That's a great idea because mobile users using the app very much like (and are use to) pop up / push notifications / what have you ... so I could see it being very useful there, where as on a desktop, it's annoying.
Quite a bit of our traffic comes from mobile now so we're looking to build a robust notification system into the forums app. PM will definitely be one of the configurable options for that.
Quentin5 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2016 12:01 pm
I have to admit i didn't like it either, but it worked.
As long as something is done to replace it that would be helpful, not knowing you have a message or missing it for days or months makes the PM system pretty difficult to use
Do you not like using email notifications for PM's? For an infrequent visitor it's probably the most ideal option to be alerted of a new PM.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13626 posts
3406 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote:
Dec 7th, 2016 12:15 pm

Do you not like using email notifications for PM's? For an infrequent visitor it's probably the most ideal option to be alerted of a new PM.
Its not me thats the problem, its other users who miss the fact they received PMs months ago and are still unread
At most i've gone a couple days before noticing. Sometimes when replying to someone i mention i sent them a PM so they check it