Site Comments & Suggestions

Welcome to the new RFD forums! Post your questions and feedback here.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2017 6:08 pm
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8364 posts
12707 upvotes
Scarborough
ToniCipriani wrote:
Dec 12th, 2016 12:13 pm
Link seems OK now.
I thought that problem had been resolved but maybe it's still happening to the odd thread. I'll try to find out what's happening with that too.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13287 posts
3266 upvotes
Toronto
Are you planning on repairing the automatically subscribe when you post in a thread feature?
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8364 posts
12707 upvotes
Scarborough
Quentin5 wrote:
Dec 12th, 2016 12:39 pm
Are you planning on repairing the automatically subscribe when you post in a thread feature?
I wasn't aware that this stopped working?
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13287 posts
3266 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote:
Dec 12th, 2016 3:12 pm
I wasn't aware that this stopped working?
Most threads i reply to i have to manually subscribe, and when i forget i miss replies unless someone quotes me and i get an e-mail so then i am reminded to go and manually subscribe.
I don't know how many threads i was never subscribed to and have missed replies to.
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8364 posts
12707 upvotes
Scarborough
Quentin5 wrote:
Dec 12th, 2016 3:23 pm
Most threads i reply to i have to manually subscribe, and when i forget i miss replies unless someone quotes me and i get an e-mail so then i am reminded to go and manually subscribe.
I don't know how many threads i was never subscribed to and have missed replies to.
Your settings on this page are set to yes?
Images
  • Screenshot 2016-12-12 15.30.11.png
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13287 posts
3266 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote:
Dec 12th, 2016 3:34 pm
Your settings on this page are set to yes?
It was not, though i don't recall turning it off and would have no reason to, thanks
Penalty Box
Aug 23, 2006
2776 posts
170 upvotes
this is what I got while posting.

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction [1213]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: support@redflagdeals.com
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
3418 posts
720 upvotes
Toronto
why the heck are the page navigation buttons gone from the top of the page on the mobile forums.........thats a serious F up
Current KOODO and FIDO customer😎
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
1805 posts
210 upvotes
In another world
When I open the notifications section in my PC, the first page shows all new notifications in a coloured row. But as soon as I open the second page, all those coloured rows are gone, so it's hard for me to distinguish which ones are the new notifications I haven't read and which ones I have.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
3850 posts
348 upvotes
Montreal
I followed this link for the first few pages but haven't since. Now I see it's 19 pages long and an issue I have had since the beginning isn't fixed (for me at least). I apologize if this issue is buried somewhere in this thread but whenever I select the "New Posts" link I get a list with over 1000 threads none of which are highlighted. Is there something I need to do to get this to work?
Phils
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8364 posts
12707 upvotes
Scarborough
randomkidx wrote:
Dec 18th, 2016 1:30 am
why the heck are the page navigation buttons gone from the top of the page on the mobile forums.........thats a serious F up
The top pagination on mobile was a bug as these should have been hidden. I've seen positive feedback about having them at the top too so I'm checking to see if we can bring it back or not.
gontori wrote:
Dec 19th, 2016 10:30 am
When I open the notifications section in my PC, the first page shows all new notifications in a coloured row. But as soon as I open the second page, all those coloured rows are gone, so it's hard for me to distinguish which ones are the new notifications I haven't read and which ones I have.
You can also look at the time stamp on the notification to see when it came in. Do you often have more than a page worth of new notifications between when you check the notifications page?

Phils wrote:
Dec 19th, 2016 7:09 pm
I followed this link for the first few pages but haven't since. Now I see it's 19 pages long and an issue I have had since the beginning isn't fixed (for me at least). I apologize if this issue is buried somewhere in this thread but whenever I select the "New Posts" link I get a list with over 1000 threads none of which are highlighted. Is there something I need to do to get this to work?
The only change we've done to that page is fixing blank titles. That page shows a list of threads with the most recent posting activity across the entire site. What highlighting are you expecting to see here?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7216 posts
746 upvotes
GTA
TomRFD wrote:
Dec 20th, 2016 1:57 pm
The top pagination on mobile was a bug as these should have been hidden. I've seen positive feedback about having them at the top too so I'm checking to see if we can bring it back or not.
Bringing them back would be greatly appreciated. I have my settings set at the maximum allowed posts per page and having to scroll to the bottom on each thread on mobile doesn't work well.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8364 posts
12707 upvotes
Scarborough
sillysimms wrote:
Dec 20th, 2016 2:25 pm
Bringing them back would be greatly appreciated. I have my settings set at the maximum allowed posts per page and having to scroll to the bottom on each thread on mobile doesn't work well.
I like having it at the top too so hopefully I'll have some good news to share soon.
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
3803 upvotes
BC
TomRFD wrote:
Dec 20th, 2016 1:57 pm

You can also look at the time stamp on the notification to see when it came in. Do you often have more than a page worth of new notifications between when you check the notifications page?
I like using the shading difference (which is WAY too slight) to tell which notifications I have read or not since I may not have clicked on all of them (it seems to know if you have already visited that post in another tab directly through reading the posts from the forums instead of clicking from the notifications.

It would be nicer if they didn't clear until you clicked them or chose to clear them all (like an inbox).

Imagine you had many notifications since last visit but you don't know what day/time your last visit was. How far back on page 2 are you supposed to keep checking? The date/time stamps aren't helpful unless you personally have kept track of your last time of checking the notifications ... which is what the highlighting does for you -- until it all goes away in one single click and then it's lost :)

I agree it's an issue. Whether clicking to page 2, or just returning to notifications without hitting "back", all the highlights are gone.
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Jun 12, 2012
173 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
Would some one please help me get some one to delete my RFD account .. hard delete possibly ?