Site Comments & Suggestions

Welcome to the new RFD forums! Post your questions and feedback here.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2017 6:08 pm
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8563 posts
12915 upvotes
Scarborough
ace604 wrote:
Dec 20th, 2016 4:51 pm
I like using the shading difference (which is WAY too slight) to tell which notifications I have read or not since I may not have clicked on all of them (it seems to know if you have already visited that post in another tab directly through reading the posts from the forums instead of clicking from the notifications.

It would be nicer if they didn't clear until you clicked them or chose to clear them all (like an inbox).

Imagine you had many notifications since last visit but you don't know what day/time your last visit was. How far back on page 2 are you supposed to keep checking? The date/time stamps aren't helpful unless you personally have kept track of your last time of checking the notifications ... which is what the highlighting does for you -- until it all goes away in one single click and then it's lost :)

I agree it's an issue. Whether clicking to page 2, or just returning to notifications without hitting "back", all the highlights are gone.
The notifications system was made similar to how Twitter's works. It'll show you the count and once you check your notifications page, the counter resets. It's possible we might build more advanced features into it similar to what you suggested but that'll entirely depend on feedback and demand. Currently we've received very few suggestions on making it more advanced so as of right now, it's not something we're likely to do anytime soon. You can start a new thread on that feature and if it gets enough support behind it, we may consider doing it sooner.
Firozfazeel wrote:
Dec 20th, 2016 6:19 pm
Would some one please help me get some one to delete my RFD account .. hard delete possibly ?
This isn't something we typically do but send me a PM and we'll discuss it in more detail.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
1843 posts
224 upvotes
In another world
TomRFD wrote:
Dec 20th, 2016 1:57 pm
You can also look at the time stamp on the notification to see when it came in. Do you often have more than a page worth of new notifications between when you check the notifications page?
I don't check my notifications for a week or two, usually 60 new notifications in average. So I'd have more than one page worth of new notifications.
Jun 12, 2012
175 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote:
Dec 20th, 2016 8:33 pm
The notifications system was made similar to how Twitter's works. It'll show you the count and once you check your notifications page, the counter resets. It's possible we might build more advanced features into it similar to what you suggested but that'll entirely depend on feedback and demand. Currently we've received very few suggestions on making it more advanced so as of right now, it's not something we're likely to do anytime soon. You can start a new thread on that feature and if it gets enough support behind it, we may consider doing it sooner.

This isn't something we typically do but send me a PM and we'll discuss it in more detail.
Hi Dear, Sent you a PM last night haven't got any reply yet.

thanks
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1019 posts
183 upvotes
Brampton
I'm using the Android RFD app but I can't seem to find the subscribe button within a Hot Deal thread. Can anyone point it out for me?
Btw, I see the subscribe button if I use the RFD Forum (beta) app on my Android phone, or if I use my PC chrome browser.
Jul 3, 2010
154 posts
5 upvotes
mississauga
The RDF website is completely messed up on my computer and it is very slow. When I search something, eg., Rogers, it shows the following:

Keywords: rogers

Search found 168 matches. Go to advanced search

Search these results
Score
Threads
Forum
Replies
Views
Last post
+115
Go to new post
[Costco] 55" Haier 4K[3,840 x 2,160] LED TV - $449(+29.99 for 5 year warranty.).

Evil Baby Jul 24th, 2016 1:52 pm

Evil Baby · Updated Oct 7th, 2017 4:34 pm
+115
0 replies
Forum: Hot Deals
Hot Deals
Bratcoin

Oct 7th, 2017 4:34 pm Go to last post

+3
Go to new post
[Royal Carribean] 2nd guest 50% off, kids sale free. Starting October 1 to 31, 2017

tkl Sep 28th, 2017 10:33 am
tkl · Updated Oct 7th, 2017 4:11 pm
+3
0 replies
Forum: Hot Deals
Hot Deals
canadiancynosure

Oct 7th, 2017 4:11 pm Go to last post

+24
Go to new post
[Best Buy] GOOGE PIXEL /PIXEL XL CASE(Made by Google) FOR $4.95